It’s that time - the new school year is almost here! The WHS PTSA has been busy planning for the new year and is excited to get started! For those new to Westfield, welcome! To returning families, welcome back!
As you get organized for the year, please note that the PTSA web site, and the school’s main web page contain valuable information. Please bookmark the web sites and check them often. Also, if you are on Facebook, please “like” us. You can find us at Westfield High School PTSA. We will continue using these as information resources as in the past.
We will also send out regular PTSA E-blasts with information about what is going on at Westfield. Please sign up to receive the e-blasts using the link on top of the PTSA web site. If you represent a Westfield club or activity, please send information you’d like included in e-blasts and/or on the PTSA calendar.
- Freshman Parent Night is Wednesday, August 24th at 7 pm. The presentation will take place in the auditorium. PTSA membership forms will be available.
- The First PTSA meeting of the year will be on Thursday, August 18th at 7 pm in the library. At this meeting, we will be discussing the budget for the 2016-2017 school year. We’d love to see you!
- The dates for turning in the required forms in order to receive a fast pass to get your schedule more quickly are Wednesday, 8/24; Thursday, 8/25 and Friday, 8/26 from 8 am - 3 pm and on Monday, 8/29 from 9 am - Noon in the main office! Forms may also be turned in during the Bulldog BBQ. The forms can be found here.
- The Bulldog BBQ is Tuesday, August 30th from 5:00-7:30 pm. All Westfield students and families are invited to attend. This is the time to turn in required school forms, pick up schedules, join the PTSA and other groups, add money to your student’s lunch card, bid on incredible, donated items at the silent auction, eat dinner, catch up with friends, and more! Look for a keep-in-touch message from Dr. Copeland. You can see the full list of silent auction items by visiting here! The auction will be open for online bidding from 8/24 - 8/28 and then live during the BBQ! Thank you to the fabulous businesses and individuals who have donated and to Mary Shirley, Becky Martin, and Maria Rudolph for organizing!
- Volunteers are needed to help keep the BBQ running smoothly! If you can help (shifts are as little as 1 hour), it will be greatly appreciated! A link will be posted soon.
- The Welcome Back to School Teacher/Staff Luncheon will be on Thursday, September 1st. Please help us welcome all the teachers and staff to the new school year. Donation requests are listed on Sign Up Genius! Thank you to Jennie Joiner and Julie Lovejoy for planning!
I invite and encourage you to join the Westfield HS PTSA this year. Your membership matters. Your membership and involvement help the PTSA work toward its goal of supporting all students, staff members and families at Westfield. You can join online now by clicking the link on our website or you can print the form and bring it in with your required forms. We will have printed copies available at the Bulldog BBQ. As a bonus, every person who joins the Westfield HS PTSA by October 7th, 2016, will be entered into a drawing for a gift card!
The PTSA will create a directory again this year, thanks to April Milner who has volunteered to be the chairperson again this year! If you or your business would like to advertise in the directory, please email April. Rates are very reasonable. Directories may be ordered using the All-In-One Membership form, which has a directory area. Finally, if you choose to opt-out your student from the directory, you must complete either the FCPS opt-out form or the opt-out portion on the Membership form by September 30th 2016.
I look forward to seeing you at the BBQ (if not before!) and look forward to a great year! Please feel free contact me with questions or concerns. Remember, we really need your help to make the PTSA the best it can be for our children, our teachers, and our school!!
Westfield HS PTSA President
Aug 30 2016 05:00PM-07:30PM
|Remember-Staff Lunch Tomorrow! Please drop off donations by 10:30 am!|
Aug 31 2016 - All Day
|Parking Pass Meeting for Seniors and Juniors|
Sep 01 2016 - All Day
|Welcome Back Lunch for WHS Staff! Donations needed please|
Sep 01 2016 10:30AM-
|First Day of School|
Sep 06 2016 - All Day
|Parking Pass Meeting for Seniors and Juniors|
Sep 08 2016 03:15PM-
Sep 10 2016 - All Day
|PTSA Meeting-Dr. Copeland and Mr. Wilson (School Board)|
Sep 15 2016 07:00PM-09:00PM
|Back To School Night|
Sep 20 2016 07:00PM-09:00PM
|Tag Day - Music Department|
Sep 24 2016 - All Day