Upcoming Dates/Events (for a complete list of events, see the calendar:
- Final BITS Tutoring: 5/16
- Prom: 5/16
- SOL Testing begins: 5/18
- PTSA Meeting: 5/21 (elections)
- Memorial Day Holiday: 5/25
It’s hard to believe that this school year is winding down!
As we look ahead to 2015-2016, I ask you to consider giving some of your time to Westfield’s students, staff and community. There are many places to volunteer your time and/or donate resources.
The PTSA asks for your help too. Volunteers are needed for the following positions:
- 1st Vice President: This position supports the President, helps as needed with events and activities and is a “training” position for the President role. Meg Crossett, the slated President for 2015-16, will serve in the role for one year, as her student graduates in 2016. Needed is someone willing to learn the role (no experience needed – truly!).
- Secretary: This person takes notes at the PTSA meetings, creates the minutes and other correspondence as needed.
- Bulldog BBQ Co-Chair: The person in this position works with the WHS staff member in charge of the BBQ to plan and coordinate the Bulldog BBQ which will happen the Tuesday before school starts.
- PTSA Silent Auction Chair/Co-Chairs: This person/team coordinates the PTSA silent auction that is held during the Bulldog BBQ and, ideally, online. This role is crucial, as it is a large fundraiser for the PTSA’s operating budget.