PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 5-17-15
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
5/20-5/27 - SOL Testing
5/21 – PTA Meeting (elections will be held)
5/25 – Student Holiday/No School
6/19 – Graduation
6/19 – All Night Grad Party
Here are several updates from around the school:
- SOL Testing Window: As the window for SOL testing approaches, please be aware of the dates of your student’s tests. Please do not schedule appointments during these testing windows. Make-up SOL’s present challenges such as your student missing class time to take the make-up. To find out which tests are scheduled for which days, go to the PTSA Website and look on the calendar.
- Seniors and Senior Parents: ANGP Update – Tickets for the Class of 2015 All Night Grad Celebration (ANGP) are on sale for $70, with the price going up May 31st. For more information and to purchase a ticket, visit PTSA Website. Questions and to sign up to volunteer: Contact Aimee Lowry or Ellen Ryder (co-chairs) at email@example.com
- Parking Applications: Student parking applications are being accepted starting Monday, May 18th for the 2015-2016 school year. Forms and other information can be found on the Westfield web page. Students may bring back signed forms to K102 – the security office near the cafeteria.
- Families in Crisis Collection: The Families in Crisis program has been busy this year. Unfortunately, there have been many Westfield families facing unexpected crisis situations this year. The PTSA is not permitted to channel its funds to this type of support, but is honored to act as a support network. If you, someone you know or perhaps your company would be willing to donate gift cards in any $5 increment, it will allow this program to continue supporting our families. Stores such as Giant Food, Shoppers, Wal-Mart and Target seem to be best for our families but any retail location will be gratefully accepted. If you are able to donate, please either drop off your donation to the front office in an envelope marked “Families in Crisis program” or contact Meg Crossett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- AP Exams: The AP Exam dates for 2015 have been released by the College Board at the following website: AP Testing website. Late testing: FCPS and Westfield High School have no control over the exam dates and times. They are set annually by the College Board and cannot be changed. Late testing is not permitted unless approved by College Board or if the student is scheduled to take more than one exam on the same day and time. Please do not schedule family vacations, events, or appointments during AP testing. Your student must take the exam on the date set by the College Board. Westfield High School orders exams based on enrollment in our AP courses. If a student drops an AP after March 20, 2015 or if the student is absent on the day of his/her AP exam, the student will be charged $15 per exam, for the unused exam fee. Westfield’s AP Exam Coordinators are Laura Gulgert and Laura Cudahy.
- Perils of the College Drinking Culture Presentation: The Unified Prevention Coalition will host this presentation on Wednesday, May 20th from 7 pm to 9 pm at the Northern Virginia Community College Ernst Community Cultural Center, 8333 Little River Tnpk, Annandale. Free parking is in Lot B. The award winning film HAZE will be shown and will educate parents and students about the dangers of alcohol and binge drinking. For more information, please call 703-938-8723 or visit www.unifiedpreventioncoalition.org
- Children’s Science Center: Student lab volunteers are needed for the Children’s Science Center Lab at Fair Oaks mall. Must be 16 years of age or older and willing to serve at least 6 hours per month. For information, please visit http://childsci.org/ and to apply, email email@example.com d in the subject line, type-Lab Volunteer.
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.