PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 5-20-15
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
5/20-5/27 - SOL Testing
5/21 – PTA Meeting (elections will be held)
5/22 – Theatre’s New Talent Showcase, 7:30 pm
5/25 – Student Holiday/No School
5/27 – Choral Cabaret Concert, 7:30 pm
5/30 – Band Concert (Percussion, Concert, Symphonic bands), 7 pm
5/31 – Band Concert (Wind Symphony), 7 pm
6/19 – Graduation
6/19 – All Night Grad Party
Here are several updates from around the school:
- PTSA Meeting and Elections: The next PTSA meeting is Thursday, May 21st at 7 pm. The library is not available due to SOL testing. The room location will be posted on the front door. Elections are scheduled to happen but a quorum of 10 members is needed. Please try to attend if possible. Currently, the slate of officers is: Meg Crossett (President), OPEN (1st Vice President), Tricia Monroe (2nd VP-not up for election/1 year left in term), Mark Cutlip (Treasurer-not up for election/1 year left in term) and OPEN (Secretary). If you or someone you know would consider filling one of the vacancies or you have any questions, please contact Cathy Pisarcik at email@example.com.
- SOL Testing Window: As the window for SOL testing approaches, please be aware of the dates of your student’s tests. Please do not schedule appointments during these testing windows. Make-up SOL’s present challenges such as your student missing class time to take the make-up. To find out which tests are scheduled for which days, go to the PTSA Website and look on the calendar.
- Yearbooks: Thursday, May 28th will be the last opportunity to pre-order a yearbook. After May 28th, yearbooks will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Last yer, we cold out on the first day of yearbook distribution. There are only 250 yearbooks left for about 1,500 students. You may purchase a yearbook with cash from Mr. Whitten in C109. Yearbooks are now $80. If you are unsure about your purchase status, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, students can enter for a chance to win to see Taylor Swift or the 2015 Warped Tour. Students, stop by C109 to enter the raffle.
- Watchdog Senior Destinations: The Watchdog staff is preparing its final issue of the year, the senior issue. Graduating students who wish to be listed with their future college or career plans need to complete the FCPS Senior Survey with Mrs. Campbell in the Transcript Office or Mrs. Villars in the Career Center by May 29th. Students who do not participate in the survey cannot be listed on the “Senior Destinations” page.
- Seniors and Senior Parents: ANGP Update – Tickets for the Class of 2015 All Night Grad Celebration (ANGP) are on sale for $70, with the price going up May 31st. For more information and to purchase a ticket, visit PTSA Website. For questions and to sign up to volunteer: contact Aimee Lowry at email@example.com
- Parking Applications: Student parking applications are being accepted starting Monday, May 18th for the 2015-2016 school year. Forms and other information can be found on the Westfield web page. Students may bring back signed forms to K102 – the security office near the cafeteria.
- Families in Crisis Collection: The Families in Crisis program has been busy this year. Unfortunately, there have been many Westfield families facing unexpected crisis situations this year. The PTSA is not permitted to channel its funds to this type of support, but is honored to act as a support network. If you, someone you know or perhaps your company would be willing to donate gift cards in any $5 increment, it will allow this program to continue supporting our families. Stores such as Giant Food, Shoppers, Wal-Mart and Target seem to be best for our families but any retail location will be gratefully accepted. If you are able to donate, please either drop off your donation to the front office in an envelope marked “Families in Crisis program” or contact Meg Crossett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- Mr. Todd Utter: Congratulations to Mr. Utter who was recently recognized as being the WHS Herndon Dulles Regoinal Chamber Educator of the Year!
- Theatre Cappies Nominations: Congratulations to this year’s Cappies Nominees! For the complete list, visit Theatre Boosters
- Final Exam Schedule: The final exams schedule is posted on the PTSA calendar ptsa.westfieldhs.org
- Perils of the College Drinking Culture Presentation: The Unified Prevention Coalition will host this presentation on Wednesday, May 20th from 7 pm to 9 pm at the Northern Virginia Community College Ernst Community Cultural Center, 8333 Little River Tnpk, Annandale. Free parking is in Lot B. The award winning film HAZE will be shown and will educate parents and students about the dangers of alcohol and binge drinking. For more information, please call 703-938-8723 or visit www.unifiedpreventioncoalition.org
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.