PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 6-8-15
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
6/13 – Remembrance Cabaret, 7 pm
6/15 – Staff Appreciation Lunch
6/17 and 6/18 – Mandatory Graduation Rehearsals
6/19 – Graduation
6/19 – All Night Grad Party
Here are several updates from around the school:
Congratulations to the 2015-2016 PTSA Board: Meg Crossett (President), Tricia Monroe (2nd VP) and Mark Cutlip (Treasurer). Still OPEN are 1st VP and Secretary. If you are interested or would like more information, please email email@example.com
- Yearbooks are Here: If you wish to buy a yearbook, you may purchase one for $80 cash in room C109. Sales are on a first come, first served basis. There are still a large number of students who have not picked up their yearbooks. Students may pick up their yearbooks in room C109 throughout the school day.
- Seniors and Senior Parents: ANGP Update – Tickets for the Class of 2015 All Night Grad Celebration (ANGP) are on sale for $70 until 5/31. After this, the price will be $75 per ticket. For more information and to purchase a ticket, visit www.ptsa.westfieldhs.org For questions and to sign up to volunteer: contact Aimee Lowry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ANGP Risk Forms: Each graduate must have risk forms signed and completed by a parent/guardian in order to attend the ANGP - even if the graduate is 18 years old. The risk forms are now available at: 2015 Risk Forms Please download and submit the forms by June 12. Questions? Contact Jenny Murray at email@example.com or Lee Tyskowski at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking Applications: Student parking applications are now being accepted for the 2015-2016 school year. Forms and other information can be found on the Westfield web page, left hand side. Students may bring back signed forms to K102 – the security office near the cafeteria.
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon: The Westfield PTSA will be hosting a luncheon on Monday June 15th to show our appreciation to the staff for all the dedication to our children. We are looking for donations of desserts. We have created a signup genius link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050f4ea9aa238-dessert If you have any questions please contact Karen Fiala at 703-830-3693. Thanks in advance for your donations!
- Families in Crisis Collection: The Families in Crisis program has been busy this year. Unfortunately, there have been many Westfield families facing unexpected crisis situations this year. The PTSA is not permitted to channel its funds to this type of support, but is honored to act as a support network. If you, someone you know or perhaps your company would be willing to donate gift cards in any $5 increment, it will allow this program to continue supporting our families. Stores such as Giant Food, Shoppers, Wal-Mart and Target seem to be best for our families but any retail location will be gratefully accepted. If you are able to donate, please either drop off your donation to the front office in an envelope marked “Families in Crisis program” or contact Meg Crossett at email@example.com. Thank you.
- Final Exam Schedule: The final exams schedule is posted on the PTSA calendar www.ptsa.westfieldhs.org
- Tour the Fairfax County Criminal Justice Academy: The Citizen’s Advisory Committee and Sully District Police station are hosting a tour on Wednesday, June 10th from 7-9 pm. Get a chance to go behind the scenes and learn what recruits go through to become a police officer. Space is limited to 40 people (aged 12 and older), so preregistration is required. Email Tara.Gerhard@fairfaxcounty.gove or call 703-814-7051. Your registration is not confirmed until you receive a reply from Pfc. Gerhard.
- Remembrance Cabaret and Silent Auction, 7 pm at Westfield’s auditorium: This annual event raises funds for the Reema J. Samaha Memorial Scholarship Fund, which was established to celebrate the life and honor the memory of Reema Samaha, a 2006 Westfield graduate, whose promising young life was cut short on 4/16/07 at Virginia Tech. The Community Foundation of Northern Virginia (a 501(c)3 organization) administers the nonrenewable scholarships annually in Reema’s name to eligible graduating seniors from Westfield and Herndon High Schools, who will be attending a Virginia state college and who best exemplifies Reema’s stellar attributes. For more information, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVVv0APX_aA&feature=youtu.be
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.