PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 6-12-15
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
6/13 – Remembrance Cabaret, 7 pm (silent auction – 6 pm)
6/14 - Baccalaureate, 7 pm
6/15 - Staff appreciation lunch
6/16 – Senior Meeting and BBQ (mandatory)
6/17 and 6/18 – Mandatory Graduation Rehearsals
6/19 – Graduation
6/19 – All Night Grad Party
Here are several updates from around the school:
- PTSA Board Position Virtual Election: CURRENT PTSA MEMBERS-VOTE NEEDED- Tricia Monroe and Carol Engelbrecht have volunteered to fill two board position openings. Thank you to both! If you are a current PTSA member, please reply to this eblast with a yes/no vote for the following:
1st Vice President: Tricia Monroe
Secretary: Carol Engelbrecht
- 2nd Vice President Position now open: Tricia Monroe was the 2nd Vice President. By volunteering to fill the 1st VP role, her position as 2nd VP is now open and we seek a volunteer to fill this position. The 2nd VP works with the rest of the board and is the point of contact for committee chairs for events that bring in funds to the PTSA, such as the practice SAT/ACT, the silent auction and the silent fundraisers. If you are interested, please contact Meg Crossett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2015 WHS PTSA Volunteer of the Year: It takes a lot of people to effectively run an organization like a PTSA. Every volunteer is important, valued and needed! Each year the WHS PTSA selects a volunteer who has impacted the workings of the group and make a difference. The 2015 Volunteer of the Year has quietly run an important piece of the PTSA for many years. She tirelessly plans, organizes, and delivers an important component to any any group – Hospitality! Whether it is Staff Appreciation luncheons (two per year!), staff appreciation weeks, mulch day food (hundreds of hungry volunteers to feed), or any number of other tasks (ex: organizing the PTSA closet!), this person gets it done and done beautifully! She has a knack at making people feel special. Thank you for your years of dedication to the WHS PTSA and the staff, students and families of Westfield! Please join us in thanking the 2015 Volunteer of the Year – KAREN FIALA!
- Seniors and Senior Parents: ANGP Update – Tickets for the Class of 2015 All Night Grad Celebration (ANGP) are on sale for $75 through Tuesday, June 16th. For more information and to purchase a ticket, visit ptsa.westfieldhs.org For questions and to sign up to volunteer: contact Aimee Lowry at email@example.com
- ANGP Risk Forms: Each graduate must have completed risk forms in order to attend the ANGP - Even if they are 18 years old. The risk forms are now available at: 2015 Risk Forms Please download and submit the forms as soon as possible. Questions? Contact Jenny Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lee Tyskowski at email@example.com
- Parking Applications: Student parking applications are now being accepted for the 2015-2016 school year. Forms and other information can be found on the Westfield web page, left hand side. Students may bring back signed forms to K102 – the security office near the cafeteria.
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon: The PTSA is sponsoring an end-of-year staff appreciation lunch on June 15th. Thank you to everyone who volunteered to bring desserts. The main course will be from El Fresco in Chantilly. Thank you to all staff for your hard work and dedication to our children this school year!
- Final Exam Schedule: The final exams schedule is posted on the PTSA calendar ptsa.westfieldhs.org
- Student Schedule for week of June 15-19: The student schedule for the last week of school has been posted on the Westfield website. Underclass students are released at 11:15 each day and their final day is Thursday, June 18th. There is no school for Westfield students on Friday, June 19th because of graduation.
- Remembrance Cabaret and Silent Auction, TONIGHT 7 pm at Westfield’s auditorium: This annual event raises funds for the Reema J. Samaha Memorial Scholarship Fund, which was established to celebrate the life and honor the memory of Reema Samaha, a 2006 Westfield graduate, whose promising young life was cut short on 4/16/07 at Virginia Tech. The Community Foundation of Northern Virginia (a 501(c)3 organization) administers the nonrenewable scholarships annually in Reema’s name to eligible graduating seniors from Westfield and Herndon High Schools, who will be attending a Virginia state college and who best exemplifies Reema’s stellar attributes. For more information, visit: https://youtube/PVVv0APX_aA
- Algebra Refresher Camp: The Algebra refresher camp is a summer program tailored specifically to the math class the student is taking in the fall. Sign up for the course right for the student - Algebra refresher is for students taking Algebra 1, Geometry or Algebra 2 in the fall. Algebra 1 refresher is for students retaking the Algebra 1 SOL in the fall. The class is FREE and will run August 10 – 14 from 9 am until 11:30 am. Registration by June 25th is required. Contact Ms. Sweitzer at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Rising 9th grade families: Please help spread the word about the PTSA to all incoming families! Please invite anyone incoming families you know to check out the PTSA webpage (ptsa.westfieldhs.org)! We will keep it updated as we become aware of dates for the new school year!
- Fairfax County Council of PTAs Scholarship: Congratulations to Jake Tiss who was selected by the Fairfax County Council of PTAs as one this year’s scholarship winners!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.