PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 6-12-15
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
6/17 and 6/18 – Mandatory Graduation Rehearsals
6/19 – Graduation
6/19 – All Night Grad Party
9/1 – Bulldog BBQ
Here are several updates from around the school:
- ANGP Casino Dealers Needed Please: The All Night Grad Party is this Friday, June 19th. We are still in need of a few casino dealers. Can you please help? Even if your student is not graduating this year, we’d love your help…plus, you can see how fun this event is! Former students (2013 grads and older) are invited to help. Training will be provided Friday evening. Please email Aimee Lowry at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
- Seniors and Senior Parents: ANGP Update – Tickets for the Class of 2015 All Night Grad Celebration (ANGP) are on sale for $75 through Thursday, 6/18. For more information and to purchase a ticket, visit ptsa.westfieldhs.org
- ANGP Risk Forms: Each graduate must have completed risk forms in order to attend the ANGP - Even if they are 18 years old. The risk forms are now available at: 2015 Risk Forms Please download and submit the forms today. Questions? Contact Jenny Murray at email@example.com or Lee Tyskowski at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bulldog BBQ Planning: The first planning meeting for the September 1st Bulldog BBQ will take place Tuesday, June 23rd at 7 pm at the Stone Rd. Starbucks. We are looking for a PTSA representative to help with the planning, a silent auction chair and committee and other volunteers to help with this important back to school event. Please contact Jeanette Schutte at SSchutte@fcps.edu for questions and to RSVP.
- Yearbooks: A limited number of yearbooks are still available. They are $80 each and payment must be made with cash. Also, a number of students have not yet picked up their yearbooks. Please check with your student to see if he/she picked up theirs! Contact Mr. Whitten at email@example.com to buy a yearbook.
- Parking Applications: Student parking applications are now being accepted for the 2015-2016 school year. Forms and other information can be found on the Westfield web page, left hand side. Students may bring back signed forms to K102 – the security office near the cafeteria. There are very specific details and deadlines.
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon: Thank you to Karen Fiala for organizing the awesome staff lunch this past Monday. Thanks too to Monica Sanza, Brandon and Colin Fiala for volunteering. El Fresco in Chantilly catered and parents donated desserts – Thank you to everyone who made this a successful event for the dedicated staff members!
- Final Exam Schedule: The final exam schedule is posted on the PTSA calendar ptsa.westfieldhs.org
- Student Schedule for week of June 15-19: The student schedule for the last week of school has been posted on the Westfield website. Underclass students are released at 11:15 each day and their final day is Thursday, June 18th. There is no school for Westfield students on Friday, June 19th because of graduation.
- Algebra Refresher Camp: The Algebra refresher camp is a summer program tailored specifically to the math class the student is taking in the fall. Sign up for the course right for the student - Algebra refresher is for students taking Algebra 1, Geometry or Algebra 2 in the fall. Algebra 1 refresher is for students retaking the Algebra 1 SOL in the fall. The class is FREE and will run August 10 – 14 from 9 am until 11:30 am. Registration by June 25th is required. Contact Ms. Sweitzer at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Rising 9th grade families: Please help spread the word about the PTSA to all incoming families! Please invite anyone incoming families you know to check out the PTSA webpage (ptsa.westfieldhs.org)! We will keep it updated as we become aware of dates for the new school year!
Congratulations Class of 2015 Students AND Families!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.