PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 9-8-15 - Welcome Back!
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
9/9 – Budget information meeting at South Lakes HS (7 pm)
9/16 – Back-To-School Night (11th/12th grade)
9/19 – Practice PSAT/SAT test
9/29 – Back-To-School Night (9th/10th grade)
Here are several updates from around the school:
- Bulldog BBQ: Thank you to organizer Jeanette Schutte and also EVERYONE who volunteered and attended the Bulldog BBQ! What a great kick-off event for the new school year.
- Silent Auction: The 2015 Silent Auction was a great success! Thank you to everyone who donated, volunteered, bid and won! A complete list of donors is at the end of this e-blast. Please support those who support Westfield!
- Reflections Chair Needed!: “Let Your Imagination Fly” is this year’s theme for the Reflections contest. However, WHS PTSA has no chair for the contest. Can you volunteer some time to promote this program to our students? Information is available here Please contact Meg Crossett at email@example.com Thanks!
- PTSA Membership: Please join the WHS PTSA! You can sign up and pay online at PTSA webpage or download the form and send it in to the main office, along with a check or cash payment. It takes many people joining and helping in the mission of success for all students at Westfield. Please be one of those people – your participation matters. Thank you!
- Kindle Fire HD Drawing: The PTSA membership raffle for a new Kindle Fire HD will end on October 9th! Please join and be entered!
- Volunteers Needed!: Throughout the year, you will receive notice of the need for volunteers. Usually the needs are represented on our Sign Up Genius page (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/whsbulldog) and sent out through an e-blast, posted on our Facebook page, and occasionally, sent out through a Keep In Touch message. The next need: Back To School Night Dog Dish Café at both back to school nights!
- Practice PSAT/SAT: The WHS PTSA and Kaplan are sponsoring a practice SAT/PSAT on Saturday, September 19th. The test is $20. This practice test aligns with the PSAT and the new SAT that will be given starting in 2016. To register, please visit: Practice Test Registration
- Meet and Greet Candidates: There are several opportunities to “meet and greet” candidates for the various offices that are up for election in November. For dates and times for areas of interest to you, visit here
- Student Volunteers Needed (Seniors – Government Hours Possibility?-check with your teacher): Student volunteers are needed at the upcoming “Meet and Greet” sessions throughout the county. For information, visit here Click on the tab of the meeting day, time, and/or location in which you are interested to see available volunteer spots.
- Upcoming Election Information: To learn about what will be on the ballot in the November election, visit here
- FCPS Budget Issues are Real: Community budget meetings will be held September 9 and 12. FCPS staff will provide an overview of the budget and demonstrate how to use the Budget Proposal Tool. All information will be available at www.fcps.edu/SaveFCPS Meeting information: 9/9, 7-9 pm – South Lakes High School and 9/12, 10am-noon – Mount Vernon High School. Registration is requested. Register here
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpage Every order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you.
- PTSA Calendar: We try to keep the PTSA calendar updated with useful information about goings on around school. If you are the representative of a club or group at Westfield and would like an event you have scheduled added to the PTSA’s calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To check out the calendar, visit the PTSA’s webpage and click on “calendar” or see events at the bottom of the main page. PTSA calendar
- Bell Schedule: Link
- A/B Block Schedule: 2015-16 block schedule
- After School Concessions: The WABC (athletic boosters) after school concessions stand will open on the first day of school. Federal regulations require the sale of “Smart Snacks in Schools” items for the first 30 minutes and then all items are available after that until closing. Cash only.
- Parking Spot Raffle Winners: Congratulations to Jeremy H. and Amanda S. for winning the parking spot raffle! Enjoy your close student parking spots!
- Library Volunteers Needed: The library has requested parent volunteers for this year. If you are interested, please contact Mrs. Lesser at JTLesser@fcps.edu
- Health Clinic Volunteers Needed: The health clinic has requested parent volunteers this year. The Fairfax County Health Department provides free, required training for anyone who volunteers in the clinic. Two training sessions are scheduled: 10/21 from 9:30-11:30 am and again on 11/12 from 12:30-2:30 pm. Training takes place in Reston. If you are interested, please contact Ms. Frost at JEFrost@fcps.edu
- THANK YOU to the generous Silent Auction donors:
LET’S GO BULLDOGS!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.