PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 9-14-15
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
9/16 – Dog Dish Café Volunteers Needed (Students and Adults)
9/16 – Back-To-School Night (11th/12th grade)
9/17 – PTSA Meeting, 7 pm (meet Dr. Copeland)
9/19 – Practice PSAT/SAT test, 8 am
9/26 – Turbo-Tutoring, 9:30 am
9/29 – Back-To-School Night (9th/10th grade)
Here are several updates from around the school:
- Dog Dish Café Volunters Needed at both Back-To-School Nights: There are a number of openings for both student and adult volunteers at the annual Dog Dish Café. This is for the concessions that will be sold before and during both back-to-school nights (9/16 and 9/29). Volunteers are needed to help set up, sell and clean up. This is a great “PTSA related” student volunteer opportunity. Volunteer Here
- Dog Dish Café 9/16 and 9/29: Everyone is invited to the Café – don’t fight the traffic to go home before BTSN…..relax and enjoy dinner in the cafeteria before heading to your student’s classes. Available for purchase will be pizza, sandwiches and snacks. Thank you Karen Lowe for organizing both of these events!
- Practice PSAT/SAT: The WHS PTSA and Kaplan are sponsoring a practice SAT/PSAT on Saturday, September 19th from 8 am – 11:45 am. The test is $20. This practice test aligns with the PSAT and the new SAT that will be given starting in 2016. To register, please visit: Practice Test Registration
- PTSA Meeting, 9/17 at 7 pm, Library: Please join us at this month’s meeting where you will have an opportunity to meet our new Principal, Dr. Copeland. There will also be a brief business meeting and budget discussion.
- Reflections Chair Needed!: “Let Your Imagination Fly” is this year’s theme for the Reflections contest. However, WHS PTSA has no chair for the contest. Can you volunteer some time to promote this program to our students? Information is available here Please contact Meg Crossett at email@example.com Thanks!
- PTSA Membership: Please join the PTSA this year! You can sign up and pay online at PTSA webpage or download the membership form and send it, along with payment, to the main office. It takes many people joining and helping in the mission of success for all students at Westfield. Please be one of those people – your participation matters.
- Kindle Fire HD Drawing: Everyone who joins the PTSA by October 9th will be entered into a drawing for a new Kindle Fire HD!
- Directory: As long as enough orders are received, there will be a student directory again this year! Directories are $10 and orders must be received by September 30th. Orders are placed using the PTSA membership form. Membership/Directory form To opt out of having your student address and phone number in the directory, you must complete the opt out portion of the membership form or the FCPS opt out form by September 30, 2015.
- Volunteers Needed!: Throughout the year, you will receive notice of the need for volunteers. Usually the needs are represented on our Sign Up Genius page (http://www.signupgenius.com/go/whsbulldog) and sent out through an e-blast, posted on our Facebook page, and occasionally, sent out through a Keep In Touch message. The next need: Back To School Night Dog Dish Café at both back to school nights!
- Meet and Greet Candidates: There are several opportunities to “meet and greet” candidates for the various offices that are up for election in November. For dates and times for areas of interest to you, visit here
- Student Volunteers Needed (Seniors – Government Hours Possibility-check with your teacher): Student volunteers are needed at the upcoming “Meet and Greet” sessions throughout the county. For information, visit here Click on the tab of the meeting day, time, and/or location in which you are interested to see available volunteer spots.
- Upcoming Election Information: To learn about what will be on the ballot in the November election, visit here
- FCPS Budget Issues are Real: For information on the budget process and to provide your input on matters, please visit here
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpage Every order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you.
- PTSA Calendar: We try to keep the PTSA calendar updated with useful information about goings on around school. If you are the representative of a club or group at Westfield and would like an event you have scheduled added to the PTSA’s calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To check out the calendar, visit the PTSA’s webpage and click on “calendar” or see events at the bottom of the main page. PTSA calendar
- Bell Schedule: Link
- A/B Block Schedule: 2015-16 block schedule
- After School Concessions: The WABC (athletic boosters) after school concessions stand is open. Federal regulations require the sale of “Smart Snacks in Schools” items for the first 30 minutes and then all items are available after that until closing. Cash only. Merchandise is also available - including the new black out shirts! Checks/cash accepted.
- Library Volunteers Needed: The library has requested parent volunteers for this year. If you are interested, please contact Mrs. Lesser at JTLesser@fcps.edu
- Health Clinic Volunteers Needed: The health clinic has requested parent volunteers this year. The Fairfax County Health Department provides free, required training for anyone who volunteers in the clinic. Two training sessions are scheduled: 10/21 from 9:30-11:30 am and again on 11/12 from 12:30-2:30 pm. Training takes place in Reston. If you are interested, please contact Ms. Frost at JEFrost@fcps.edu
- Operation Medicine Cabinet Cleanout: The Fairfax County Police Department and United Prevention Coalition are sponsoring a chance for you to drop off expired and unused medications on Saturday, 9/26 from 8 am – 2 pm at the Sully District Police Station. They can accept pills or liquids only. For more information, click here
- THANK YOU to the generous Silent Auction donors! Please support those who support WHS:
LET’S GO BULLDOGS!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.