PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 5-11-16
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
Ongoing - ANGP Ticket Sales (See #10 below)
May 11 – Prom Ticket Sales (volunteers needed)
May 12 – ANGP planning meeting, 7 pm
May 13 – Prom (volunteers needed)
May 14 – BITS free tutoring
May 19 – Dating Violence Presentation at PTSA Meeting, 7 pm
May 21 – Chorus Breakfast Fundraiser at Applebee’s
May 21 – Robotics Club Community Yard Sale at WHS
- Dating Violence Presentation: On Thursday, May 19th, following a brief PTSA meeting, there will be a presentation by a Fairfax County representative on Dating Violence. Please join us in the Library at 7 pm.
- PTSA Board Openings – Treasurer, 1st Vice President: The PTSA seeks volunteers to become the PTSA Treasurer beginning in July and 1st Vice President in June. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Meg Crossett at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tricia Monroe at ptsa_1stVP@westfieldhs.org No experience is needed, though a financial background is helpful for the Treasurer position. The current treasurer will provided training, if needed.
- Prom Volunteers: Volunteers are needed for check in at Prom on Friday, May 13th. Please email Amy Sutphin at email@example.com if you can help. Not just for senior parents…come check out what your younger students have to look forward to!
- Bulldog BBQ Representative: Want to help make Bulldog BBQ a successful event for 2016? Please consider being the PTSA representative to the Bulldog BBQ committee. Work closely with the Westfield staff member who coordinates the event. Help plan and coordinate the BBQ which will be August 30th.
- Bulldog BBQ Planning Meeting: The first Bulldog BBQ planning meeting will be May 24th at 7 pm at the Stone Road Starbucks. Please join us if you are interested in being part of the school’s kick-off for the 2016-2017school year!
- Silent Auction Co-Chair Needed: At the Bulldog BBQ in August, one of the main events is the silent auction! Items have included tickets to Disney World, restaurant packages, golf outings, tickets to various sporting events, and more! To continue this tradition, the PTSA seeks a co-chair for the event! We have an experienced returning co-chair who will share the role. This is a volunteer opportunity that is done primarily from home and is completed before school even starts for the fall! Interested or questions? Contact Mary Shirley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ESOL Online Summer Program: Please help spread the word about this free program for ESOL level 1 – 4 students! It is designed to help develop academic language and critical and creative thinking skills. Runs July 5th-22nd and is online from 10:30-11:30 am, Monday through Friday. All that is needed is a computer with internet access and headphones with a microphone. Seats are limited! Sign up via this link **Technology training is required after school on either Monday, 5/16 or 5/23. More dates may be available depending on late bus schedules. Sign up in room A116.
- BITS Tutoring: BITS tutoring will run on Saturday May 14 and 21. This is FREE tutoring for all 3rd-12th grade students in the Westfield pyramid. Please spread the word! BITS info link
- All Night Grad Party Volunteers Still Needed, June 21st—Underclass, Senior and Alum Parents needed: This event takes place the night of graduation and is a drug-and-alcohol-free event celebrating the current year graduates. This year, the event will be held at Westfield with certain areas of the building being transformed into a fun celebration zone and includes a magician/illusionist, mechanical bull, DJ, Casino, lots of games, prizes, food, and more! This annual event is the culmination of four years of hard work for the graduates and a chance for them to celebrate their success! MANY volunteers (parents of students in all grades) are needed for the various committees such as games and prizes, food, and security. Please visit here to see what the volunteer spots are. Sign up with your friends and have a great time!
- ANGP Tickets and Risk Forms: Seniors can now purchase their 2016 ANPG tickets at $40 each, with a price increase on June 1st! ANGP is the drug-and-alcohol-free celebration the night of graduation and celebrates the Class of 2016 graduating seniors! For more information and to purchase tickets, click here and then click on the links above the graduation hat! After buying a ticket, risk forms must be completed and turned into the main office. Every attendee must have completed risk forms, even if they are 18 years old or older. Think you've bought a ticket? Confirm by checking here. If you do not see your student's name, we have not received it.
- ANGP Prize Basket Donations Requested: Part of the fun of the ANGP is winning prizes! Each year, there are a number of themed baskets donated by community members and senior parents. If you are interested in putting together a themed basket (college theme, dorm room, summer fun, laundry, etc), please sign up here. A tax deductible receipt is available if needed.
- Senior Survey: Seniors have been asked to complete a senior survey to help the ANGP committee finalize the plans for this fun event! If they haven’t already done so, please encourage your senior to complete the survey.
- Turbo-Tutoring ACT Prep Class: Turbo-tutoring will hold an ACT prep class on June 4th at Briar Woods HS from 9:30-12:15. Its next SAT prep class will be August 24th from 6:30-9:15 at Briar Woods HS. To register or for information, visit here.
- Chorus Breakfast Fundraiser: The WHS Choral boosters are hosting a breakfast fundraiser at Applebee’s at 4995 Westone Plaza, Chantilly on Saturday, May 21 from 8-10 am. Tickets are $10 at the door. Thank you for your support!
- Color Guard Clinics: If your student is interested in the color guard or wants to see what it’s all about, clinics run each Wednesday through May from 6 pm – 8:30 pm in the cafeteria. All are welcome. Questions? Contact Mrs. Hagemeier at email@example.com
- Robotics Club Community Yard Sale: May 21st! To rent a table or for more information, contact CommunityYardSale@Outlook.com
- Music Booster President Needed: The WHS Music Boosters seek someone or a few people to serve as the President next year. The main duties are to coordinate the food sales during the Bulldog BBQ and Tag Day (9/24/16). Most of the groundwork has already been completed. Please contact Mike Paquette if you have questions or are able to volunteer.
- Teacher Appreciation Dessert Bar Thank You: Thank you to everyone who donated the amazing desserts last week and thank you to Karen Fiala for organizing the dessert bar. The PTSA would also like to thank Barb Donohue, Patty Marvin, and Ella Kaulback for their help with the event!
- FCPS Summer Program Registration: Registration is open for some of the courses and programs offered by FCPS in the summer. For information, click here.
- Mulch Day Donations: Thank you to the companies who donated time, funds, equipment and muscle to the mulch event! Thanks to A&A Transfer, Bricks Pizza, Building Infrastructure Group, Cox Farms, G&C Automotive, Giant Stone Rd., Katchmark Construction, K & K Hardwood Floors, Living Colour, and Starbucks Stone Rd! Thanks also to the individuals who made donations!
- FCPS Crisis Text Line: The Crisis Text line is available on the FCPS Mobile App or by sending a text message to 85511 and enter the keyword NEEDHELP. This is a 24-hour resource to support anyone in need.
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.