PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 8-22-16
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
8/23-8/28 – Online Silent Auction
8/24 – Freshman and New Student Parent Meeting, 7 pm
8/24 – Turbo Tutoring class (SAT)
8/30 – Bulldog BBQ and Live Silent Auction, Volunteers requested
9/1 – PTSA’s Welcome Back Luncheon for Staff, Donations requested
9/2 – Freshman and New Student Orientation
9/6 – First day of school
9/20 – Back-to-School Night and Bulldog Cafe
Here are several updates from around the school:
- ONLINE and LIVE Silent Auction link and information: Following last year’s success, the Silent Auction will again run online (8/23-8/28), followed by the live event at the Bulldog BBQ! The link to the online auction is here! Please help us spread the word! New this year: several fantastic items will be available through a raffle! These include a week stay at a beautiful VA Beach Condo, Teeth Whitening, A+ Math Prep, one Turbo Tutoring session, one WHS handmade stadium blanket, and a Kaplan prep class! Raffle tickets for these awesome items will be $20 each. Additionally, Best Bridal and Tailoring donated 18 beautiful prom and cocktail dresses in sizes 8 to 16! Interested bidders may get a sneak peek and try them on Tuesday, 8/23, and Wednesday, 8/24, from 10 am – noon and Thursday, 8/25, and Friday, 8/26, from 4 pm – 6 pm in the WHS Library.
- Many Bulldog BBQ Volunteers will be needed! Please sign up! There are 2 links which be found here and here! Spots will include schedule distribution, parking lot monitor, drink tent help, silent auction help, dress previewing (this week), PE uniform help, and the welcome tables.
- PTSA Sponsored “Welcome Back” Luncheon for Staff members – Donations needed please: On Thursday, September 1st, there will be a welcome back lunch for our fantastic staff members! Please sign up to donate an item or volunteer here! If you thought all spots were full, please look again. Someone entered many fake sign ups but this has been addressed. Thank you Jennie Joiner for organizing!
- PTSA Membership: As you start filling out the essential forms for your student(s), please also fill out the downloadable PTSA membership form! It takes many people joining and helping in the mission of success for all students at Westfield. Please be one of those people – your participation matters. Thank you!
- October 7th: Everyone who joins the PTSA by October 7th will be entered into a drawing for a fantastic gift card!
- Parking Applications: Student parking applications are being accepted for the 2016-2017 school year. Forms and other information can be found here. There are very specific guidelines that students must follow. The parking meetings begin this week!
- 2 Parking Spots will be raffled: Thanks to Mr. Mahan in Security, we have two of the best student parking spots that will be raffled! At each of the parking meetings and at the Bulldog BBQ, tickets will be sold. The drawings will take place after the BBQ. More details will be available soon!
- 2016-2017 Student Directory: Student directories will be sold again this year, thanks to April Milner! You may order one by completing the directory section on the PTSA membership forms.
- Opt-Outs: If you do not wish for your student’s contact information to be in the WHS student directory, please complete either the FCPS or PTSA opt-out form by September 30th.
- Directory Advertising: The annual WHS student directory will feature ads from sponsors, ranging from full page to ¼ page size ads! If you know someone or if your company would like to advertise (very reasonable rates!), please contact April Milner.
- Volunteers Needed!: Throughout the year, you will receive notice of the need for volunteers. Usually the needs are represented on our Sign Up Genius page and sent out through an e-blast, posted on our Facebook page, and occasionally, sent out through a Keep In Touch message. The first needs will be volunteers for the Bulldog BBQ on August 30th and the Staff lunch on September 1st.
- After School Concessions Volunteers Needed: Are you looking for a regular (every-other week) volunteer spot? There are several openings for the after school concessions stand which runs from September through May! Openings are: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Fridays either the 1st/3rd/5th or the 2nd/4th. Please contact Amanda Bremer with questions or to volunteer.
- Dance Team Raffle: The WHS Dance Team (which receives no funding from the school or any booster organization) is raising money for its upcoming trip to Nationals! They are having a raffle for 4 tickets to the Redskins vs Browns (RG III’s return to DC) game on October 2nd.Tickets will be sold at the Bulldog BBQ and the drawing will take place during the football game on September 16th.
- Rising 9th grade and New Student Parents: There will be a meeting on Wednesday, August 24th at 7 pm in the auditorium. At this meeting, you will be introduced to Westfield and have a chance to learn more about your student’s new school.
- Rising Freshman and New Student Orientation: There will be an orientation on Friday, September 2nd from 8 am until noon for all freshmen and new students.
- Thank You to Beth Tweddle for the amazing start to the monumental task of cleaning-up the mulched areas in front of the school! More work needs to be done and generous SERVICE HOURS will be given to any students who help. Please email Ms. Tweddle at email@example.com to help.
- Turbo Tutoring has set their 2016-2017 schedule for SAT and ACT prep classes! The first will be 8/24 and will be a SAT class. For information and to register, please see the attached form or visit here.
- Summer Assignments: Summer assignments are listed on the Westfield webpage. Don’t forget – everyone must read March by John Lewis.
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpage Every order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Silent Fundraisers: We participate in several store school support programs, such as Giant’s A+ School Rewards and Harris Teeter’s Together in Education program. Please check out this link for more information!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.