PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 8-28-16
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
8/30 – Bulldog BBQ and Silent Auction, Volunteers needed!
9/1 – PTSA’s Welcome Back Luncheon for Staff, Donations requested
9/2 – Freshman and New Student Orientation
9/6 – First day of school
9/20 – Back-to-School Night and Bulldog Cafe
Here are several updates from around the school:
- Bulldog BBQ LIVE Silent Auction information: New this year: several fantastic items will be available through a raffle! These include a week stay at a beautiful VA Beach Condo, Teeth Whitening, A+ Math Prep, one Turbo Tutoring session, one WHS handmade stadium blanket, and a Kaplan prep class! Raffle tickets for these awesome items will be $20 each. Other fabulous items include: RulyScapes yard mulching/weeding/edging, concert tickets, massage/tanning by Hands On Health, trail ride at Mulford Riding School, 14 different restaurant packages, hotels stays at local Residence Inn and Hyatt Place, fabulous golf outings at Heritage Hunt, Chantilly National, Pleasant Valley, South Riding, and Burke Lake, and much more! Please stop by the library during the BBQ on Tuesday to bid on these fantastic items! All proceeds help the PTSA support all students, teachers, and families at WHS!
- Many Bulldog BBQ Volunteers STILL needed! Please sign up! The link can be found here and here! Spots will include schedule distribution, parking lot monitor, drink tent help, silent auction help, PE uniform help, and the welcome tables.
- Bulldog BBQ this Tuesday: Parents and students of all grade levels!! Come to Westfield on Tuesday between 5 pm and 7:30 pm! This is a great time to bid on the fabulous items at the silent auction in the library, pick up schedules, sign up for the PTSA and other groups, drop off medications in the clinic, add money to lunch cards, pick up a quick dinner from local restaurants (Korean BBQ, Chick-fil-A, Carrabba’s, Texas Roadhouse, Brick’s Pizza, and Cox Farms corn and watermelon), buy PE uniforms, try to win one of the 2 closest students parking spots in the upgrade raffle, hear the band and and chorus, and see performances by the cheerleaders, dance team, color guard, and improve groups, and more!
- PTSA Sponsored “Welcome Back” Luncheon for Staff members – Donations needed please: On Thursday, September 1st, there will be a welcome back lunch for our fantastic staff members! Please sign up to donate an item or volunteer here! If you thought all spots were full, please look again. Someone entered many fake sign ups but this has been addressed. Thank you Jennie Joiner and Julie Lovejoy for organizing!
- PTSA Membership: Please join the PTSA! It takes many people joining and helping in the mission of success for all students at Westfield. Please be one of those people – your participation matters. Forms will be available at the BBQ or you can join online Thank you!
- October 7th: Everyone who joins the PTSA by October 7th will be entered into a drawing for a fantastic gift card!
- 2 Parking Spot upgrades will be raffled – Spots #75 and #76 (closest student spots): Thanks to Mr. Mahan in Security, we have two of the best student parking spot upgrades to raffle off! Tickets will be sold a the Bulldog BBQ and at Thursday's parking meetings. The drawings will take place Thursday! Tickets are $5 for 1 chance and $20 for 6 chances! Good luck!
- 2016-2017 Student Directory: Student directories will be sold again this year, thanks to April Milner! You may order one by completing the directory section on the PTSA membership forms.
- Opt-Outs: If you do not wish for your student’s contact information to be in the WHS student directory, please complete either the FCPS or PTSA opt-out form by September 30th.
- Directory Advertising: The annual WHS student directory will feature ads from sponsors, ranging from full page to ¼ page size ads! If you know someone or if your company would like to advertise (very reasonable rates!), please contact April Milner.
- After School Concessions Volunteers Needed: Are you looking for a regular (every-other week) volunteer spot? There are several openings for the after school concessions stand which runs from September through May! Openings are: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Fridays either the 1st/3rd/5th or the 2nd/4th. Please contact Amanda Bremer with questions or to volunteer.
- Dance Team Raffle: The WHS Dance Team (which receives no funding from the school or any booster organization) is raising money for its upcoming trip to Nationals! They are having a raffle for 4 tickets to the Redskins vs Browns (RG III’s return to DC) game on October 2nd! Tickets will be sold at the Bulldog BBQ and through dance team parents and the drawing will take place during the football game on September 16th.
- Thank you Custodians! Please thank a custodian when you see one! The custodian team has worked extremely hard to prepare the building for the new school year! It looks fantastic!
- Rising Freshman and New Student Orientation: There will be an orientation on Friday, September 2nd from 8 am until noon for all freshmen and new students.
- Summer Assignments: Summer assignments are listed on the Westfield webpage. Don’t forget – everyone must read March by John Lewis, in addition to specific course assignments.
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpage Every order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Silent Fundraisers: We participate in several store school support programs, such as Giant’s A+ School Rewards and Harris Teeter’s Together in Education program. Please check out this link for more information!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.