PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 12-9-14
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
12/7-12: Online Library Fundraiser (See below)
12/13: BITS (free) Tutoring
12/13 & 12/14: Band Concerts
12/16: Chorus Concert
12/18: Orchestra Concert
12/19: 2 Hour Early Dismissal
12/19 & 12/20: Ho Ho Holiday Show
12/22-1/2: Winter Break
1/10: Practice SAT/ACT Test (See below)
Here are several updates from around the school:
1. Practice SAT/ACT Test: The PTSA and Kaplan are sponsoring a practice SAT/ACT Combination test on Saturday, January 10, 2015 from 8 am until noon. Students will have an opportunity to take a practice test to assess their performance before attempting the official exams. Test participants will be provided with a detailed score report highlighting personal strengths and weaknesses. Following the practice test, students and parents are invited to participate in a complimentary, individual, thirty-minute consultation with a Kaplan test expert. To register, please visit: http://bitly.com/SATACTWestfield The registration fee is $20 per student. Please make checks payable to the WHS PTSA and mail to 4700 Stonecroft Blvd, Chantilly, VA 20151 and please include student name in the memo line.
2. Westfield Theatre’s annual Children’s Theatre Ho Ho Holiday Show will take place on Friday, 12/19 at 6 pm and Saturday, 12/20 at 2 pm. Tickets are $5 each. Visit www.westfieldtheatreboosters.com for more information.
3. Thank you to Tanya Easley and The College Funding Coach for presenting The Little Known Secrets of Paying for College Seminar last week.
4. Library Fundraiser: The library’s fundraiser continues online through Friday, 12/12. The Book Fair ID is #11369360 and is entered on the check-out page (look for a little box). Visit http://bn.com/bookfairs
5. Honor Roll Thank you! Thank you to Andria Gregory and team for creating and distributing the 1st quarter Honor Roll certificates to all students on the honor roll. Congratulations to the following students whose names were drawn in the Honor Roll Moe’s Southwest Grill Gift Card drawing: Daniel Bowley, Casey Buckley, Hayden Burns, Lydia Carey, Sarah Chung, Diana Diep, Caleb Ehreth, Brandon Escobar, Carrie Hagemeier, Elise Korfonta, Suzi Lee, Helen Montes Rodriguez, Aparna Nanduru, Yashawi Pinnamareddy, Jose Rivera Gomez, Neeraj Sabapathy, Daniel Shank-Rowe, Ryan Tran, Ken Yoshino and Alexander Zhu. If they haven’t already done so, these students can stop by Student Services to pick up their gift cards. Congratulations to everyone on the 1st Quarter Honor Roll!
6. The Families in Crisis program at Westfield works with counselors to support current WHS families facing immediate financial hardships and is seeking donations of gift cards. Through generous donations of gift cards from the WHS community, we have been able to help a number of families already this year. As you can probably imagine, the need has jumped recently and our gift card supply is in need of replenishing. The PTSA is not permitted to channel its funds to this type of support but we are honored to be able to act as a support network. If you are interested and able to donate a gift card (not cash, please) in any $5 increment, it would be greatly appreciated. If you are interested in making a large donation, we would greatly appreciate it if you could donate several smaller denomination cards as opposed to one large one. Stores such as Wal-Mart, Target, Giant and Shoppers Food Warehouse are the ones that seem to be easiest for our families in need to access. Any gift card is welcome though! Please send any donations to the main office or mail to: WHS-Families in Crisis, Attn: Meg Crossett, 4700 Stonecroft Blvd, Chantilly, VA 20151. Thank you to the everyone who has already sent gift card donations.
7. Senior Parents: Has your Class of 2015 senior submitted his/her activities to run in the yearbook? Please ask your senior to be sure his or her activities and achievements are submitted at http://tinyurl.com/SENIORBRAGS15
8. Senior Parents: Tickets for the Class of 2015 All Night Grad Party will go on sale soon! Watch for a Keep-In-Touch message with details. Great holiday gift for your senior!
9. Mulch Day Chair(s) Needed: One or two volunteers are needed to lead the mulch day event scheduled for April 10 and 11, 2015. A great team of support committee chairs is in place but we need someone to lead the way. No experience needed and a parent of a student of any grade is welcome! Please help us with this important event! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to volunteer! Thank you.
10. Directories: Do you wish that you had ordered a directory this year? There are a few remaining copies available for purchase at $10 each. Please email email@example.com if you would like one.
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.