PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 4-28-16
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
April 29-30 – Theatre’s production of Footloose, 7:30 pm
April 30 – Turbo Tutoring (SAT prep)
May 1 – Theatre’s production of Footloose, 2 pm
May 2-6 – Teacher Appreciation Week
May 4 – PTSA Scholarship application deadline
May 4-11 – Prom Ticket Sales (volunteers needed)
May 13 – Prom (volunteers needed)
- PTSA Board Openings – Treasurer, 1st Vice President: The PTSA seeks volunteers to become the PTSA Treasurer beginning in July and 1st Vice President in June. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Meg Crossett at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tricia Monroe at ptsa_1stVP@westfieldhs.org No experience is needed, though a financial background is helpful for the Treasurer position. The current treasurer will provided training, if needed.
- Bulldog BBQ Representative: Want to help make Bulldog BBQ a successful event for 2016? Please consider being the PTSA representative to the Bulldog BBQ committee. Work closely with the Westfield staff member who coordinates the event. Help plan and coordinate the BBQ which will be August 30th.
- Bulldog BBQ Planning Meeting: The first Bulldog BBQ planning meeting will be May 24th at 7 pm at the Stone Road Starbucks. Please join us if you are interested in being part of the school’s kick-off for the 2016-2017school year!
- Silent Auction Co-Chair Needed: At the Bulldog BBQ in August, one of the main events is the silent auction! Items have included tickets to Disney World, restaurant packages, golf outings, tickets to various sporting events, and more! To continue this tradition, the PTSA seeks a co-chair for the event! We have an experienced returning co-chair who will share the role. This is a volunteer opportunity that is done primarily from home and is completed before school even starts for the fall! Interested or questions? Contact Mary Shirley at email@example.com
- Teacher Appreciation Week, May 2-6: Please remember your student’s teachers during the upcoming Teacher Appreciation Week! They work very hard to support all of their students! A note, kind email, small gift, etc. will go a long way to show your appreciation! To show our appreciation, there will be a dessert bar for the staff on Thursday, May 5th. Dessert donations have been requested. If you can donate, please visit here Desserts needed by 9:45 am, delivered to the main office in a disposable container please. Thanks to Karen Fiala for organizing!
- BITS Tutoring: BITS tutoring will run on Saturday April 30th. This is FREE tutoring for all 3rd-12th grade students in the Westfield pyramid. Please spread the word! BITS info link
- All Night Grad Party Volunteers Needed, June 21st—Underclass, Senior and Alum Parents needed (Volunteer link here): This event takes place the night of graduation and is a drug-and-alcohol-free event celebrating the current year graduates. This year, the event will be held at Westfield with certain areas of the building being transformed into a fun celebration zone and includes a magician/illusionist, mechanical bull, DJ, Casino, lots of games, prizes, food, and more! This annual event is the culmination of four years of hard work for the graduates and a chance for them to celebrate their success! MANY volunteers (parents of students in all grades) are needed for the various committees such as games and prizes, food, and security. Please visit here to see what the volunteer spots are. Sign up with your friends and have a great time!
- ANGP Tickets and Risk Forms: Seniors can now purchase their 2016 ANPG tickets at the bargain price of $40 each! ANGP is the drug-and-alcohol-free celebration the night of graduation and celebrates the Class of 2016 graduating seniors! For more information and to purchase tickets, click here and then click on the links above the graduation hat! After buying a ticket, risk forms must be completed and turned into the main office. Every attendee must have completed risk forms, even if they are 18 years old or older.
- ANGP Prize Basket Donations Requested: Part of the fun of the ANGP is winning prizes! Each year, there are a number of themed baskets donated by community members and senior parents. If you are interested in putting together a themed basket (college theme, dorm room, summer fun, laundry, etc), please sign up here. A tax deductible receipt is available if needed.
- Senior Survey: Seniors have been asked to complete a senior survey to help the ANGP committee finalize the plans for this fun event! If they haven’t already done so, please encourage your senior to complete the survey.
- Practice SAT or ACT: Cancelled. The next opportunity to take a practice test will early in the fall. Information available on the PTSA website soon.
- PTSA Scholarship Applications: PTSA Scholarship applications are now available online through Family Connection or in Ms. Villars office. Applications are due by May 4th at 2:30 pm and all seniors are encouraged to apply. Please read the guidelines carefully.
- Turbo-Tutoring ACT Prep Class: Turbo-tutoring will hold two final prep classes this school year. April 30th at Westfield will be a SAT prep class and June 4th at Briar Woods HS will be an ACT prep class, both run from 9:30-12:15. To register or for information, visit here.
- Prom Ticket Sales: Adult volunteers needed to sell prom tickets during lunches (11:30-1:00) on May 4th-6th and 9th-11th. Please email class co-sponsor Amy Sutphin if you can help. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prom Volunteers: Volunteers are needed for check in at Prom on Friday, May 13th. Please email Amy Sutphin at email@example.com if you can help.
- Color Guard Clinics: If your student is interested in the color guard or wants to see what it’s all about, clinics begin next Wednesday, May 4th. Clinics run each Wednesday from 6 pm – 8:30 pm in the cafeteria. All are welcome. Questions? Contact Mrs. Hagemeier at firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOOTLOOSE: Theatre is presenting Footloose as its spring musical and Cappies show! Tickets are $10 online or with a student ID and $12 at the door. For information, click here!
- Student Volunteer Opportunities:
*The Westfield Business Owner’s Association is hosting its 4th annual Sprint Triathalon this Sunday, May 1st. There are over 450 registered racers and volunteers are needed! The sign up to volunteer, visit http://rev3tri.com/westfields/volunteer/
* Virginia Run Elementary seeks volunteers for its Fun Run on Friday, April 29th. Volunteers needed from 4:30-7:30 pm. If you can help, sign up at http://vols.pt/yYfpLw or contact Mrs. Liskey at email@example.com
*The Stone Middles School PTSA and multicultural committee seek volunteers for an International Festival on May 4th. For information and to sign up, click here
19. National History Day Update: Congratulations to the following students who competed at the Virginia National History Day competition! Aislin Carpenter won first place for her performance and will move on to the national competition in June! Zoe Seal won 3rd place in the state for her historical paper and the team of Nicolas Lin and Jesus Neyra placed 3rd in the state for their website! The PTSA would also like to congratulate and thank their History teachers for the support, encouragement and guidance during this National History Day process!
20. FCPS Summer Program Registration: Registration is open for some of the courses and programs offered by FCPS in the summer. For information, click here.
21. All State Choir: Congratulations to the following who were selected to the All-Virginia Choir! Jonathan Cottrell, Evan Kohnstam, Kevin Kimar, Kaliann Lassiter, and Isaac Mantelli.
22. Mulch Day Donations: Thank you to the companies who donated time, funds, equipment and muscle to the mulch event! Thanks to A&A Transfer, Bricks Pizza, Building Infrastructure Group, Cox Farms, G&C Automotive, Giant Stone Rd., Katchmark Construction, K & K Hardwood Floors, Living Colour, and Starbucks Stone Rd! Thanks also to the individuals who made donations!
23. FCPS Crisis Text Line: The Crisis Text line is available on the FCPS Mobile App or by sending a text message to 85511 and enter the keyword NEEDHELP. This is a 24-hour resource to support anyone in need.
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.