Welcome to June!
As the school year winds down, I’d like to thank everyone who has helped the PTSA, and thus the students and staff at Westfield, in any way. Your time, energy and dedication make a difference. A special thanks to Kelly Roberts, a graduating parent, who has been an integral part of the PTSA for many years. Kelly has served as 2nd Vice President, Secretary, Bulldog BBQ chair and more! Kelly, you will be greatly missed!
We would also like to thank and congratulate the retiring staff members: Laila Latib, Steve Panoff and Vicki Yates. We wish you the best in your next chapter!
We aren’t quite finished with this year’s things and plans are underway for the 2015-2016 school year!
Closing out this school year:
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Luncheon is Monday, June 15th. Please help us thank the dedicated staff members. Donation requests will be posted soon. Thank you to Karen Fiala for planning!
- Senior news and events are posted on the Westfield main page and the PTSA calendar. Mandatory practices, a BBQ, graduation, ANGP…still things to do!
- Senior Parents: ANGP tickets are still being sold. This event provides a safe, alcohol/drug free place for your students to celebrate their graduation with their classmates and friends! Lots of awesome prizes (TVs, Kindle Fires, sports tickets, college baskets, gift cards galore and much more!), food, DJ, casino, games, and more! Remember to submit your permission forms. Tickets available online at the PTSA website or you can download from the website and send them in to the main office along with a check.
- Senior Parents: To confirm that your student’s ANGP ticket purchase has been received by the PTSA, check the “Students” and “See who is coming to the party” link. The list is alphabetical but first name and the first two letters of the student’s last name. If you do not see your student’s name but think you bought a ticket, please let us know so we can investigate.
- Senior Parents: ANGP is a “will call” event. As long as your student’s name is on the “see who is coming to the party” link, he/she will be expected at check-in between 11:00 pm and 11:30 pm. Volunteers will call the parents of any student who purchased a ticket and does not check in. Please be near your phone in case we need to contact you for this or any other matter during the event.
Planning for the 2015-2016 School Year:
- WE NEED YOU to help us fill the PTSA volunteer openings! Please consider donating some time as a committee chairperson. Most positions can be shared, if two people are interested. Openings include: 1st Vice President, Bulldog BBQ Chair and/or Co-Chair, Silent Auction chair/co-chair, Legislative Chair (keep members informed about PTA legistlative issues).
- Bulldog BBQ Planning: The Bulldog Back to School BBQ is scheduled for Tuesday, September 1st from 5 pm to 8 pm (Mark your calendars!). Please consider helping with the planning. Contact me with questions or to volunteer. Specific volunteer requests for that day will be made in August.
- The PTSA Silent Auction will be happening again this year during the Bulldog BBQ! This is the main funding source for the PTSA’s operating budget. Please help. If you or a company you know has anything to donate (items, services, tickets, time shares, etc.), please Contact me Thank you!
Over the summer, the PTSA website and the school’s main web page will be updated with valuable information. Please bookmark the web sites and check them often. Also, please “like” us on Facebook. You can find us at Westfield High School PTSA. We will continue using this as an information resource throughout the summer.
We will also send out occasional PTSA E-blasts as information becomes available over the summer. Please sign up to receive the e-blasts using the link on the PTSA website.
Congratulations to the Class of 2015!
Have a great summer!
Westfield HS PTSA President