Welcome to 2016! We are busy planning activities that will give you a selection of choices for your involvement in Westfield. We encourage you to get involved; to meet the staff members who work with your child and the other parents who volunteer, your new best friend may be waiting! We are offering the Teenage Brain presentation again this year, Neil offers a wonderful eye opening talk about what to expect from your teen. We have a grant from the Area Business partnership thanks to Harry Van Trees to sponsor Saturday Night in the Suburbs in March; please keep an eye out for the date.
Please consider coming to our PTSA meetings to hear from parents who are hard at work supporting your children and to hear from Dr Copeland. This is a great time to meet with him and to ask questions in a small group environment.
We are in full swing with the ANGP, this year we are bringing it back to the school. We have dynamic co-chairs who are enthusiastic about the party, we will need help from many folks to make this party a success for our seniors. Please consider volunteering, we encourage parents of younger grades to volunteer because senior parents are busy with graduation. It is fun to help these young adults say goodbye to their home of four years and help them launch.
Upcoming Dates/Events (for a complete list of events, see the calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org)
- BITS tutoring continues
- Children’s Book Challenge: 1/11-1/15
- Junior “Planning for College Night”: 1/12 , 7pm in auditorium
- ANGP Meeting: 1/14
- Student Holidays: 1/18,19
- PTSA Meeting: 1/21
- The Teenage Brain presentation by Neil McNerney: 1/29 8:30-10:00 in Lecture Hall
- Sports teams games: http://www.westfieldathletics.org/main/calendar
Already this school year the PTSA volunteers have proudly done the following for Westfield:
- approved over $3600 in staff mini-grants
- coordinated volunteers for numerous events
- sponsored the teacher appreciation Pie and Punch before the Holiday
- created the student directory
- BITs tutoring
- offered the Reflections Contest to all students
- sent out regular e-blasts with updates about WHS goings-on
- spruced up the front landscaping
- Honor Roll certificates and prize drawing (mid-November)
- and more…
Please be part of the impact and become a member today. Thank you.
In looking ahead, there is a need for a few volunteers for the following:
- -Mulch Day planning and coordinating (starts now for the April 8/9 mulch day)
- -All Night Grad Party planning
Please check out the volunteer page at Bulldog Volunteers
For a complete list of businesses and individuals who donated to this year’s silent auction, please visit: BBQ information page. We greatly appreciate the support of our business community and ask that you consider supporting these businesses that support us!
If you have any suggestions for something PTSA can do to support the students please email me and let me know.
HS PTSA President