Upcoming Dates/Events (view complete list of events)
- BITS tutoring continues: 11/7, 14 and 21
- Band Concert 11/3 7pm
- SAT Test –at Westfield
- Report Cards Distributed: 11/11
- Safe Teen Driving Safety Meeting: 11/17
- PTSA Meeting: 11/19
- Theatre’s Fall Main Stage 11/20,21,22
- Academic Letter Ceremony: 11/24
- Thanksgiving Holiday – 2 hour early dismissal on 11/25
- Many sports teams are in playoffs please check here for dates
Thank you to everyone who has joined the PTSA already this year! We welcome and encourage anyone who hasn’t yet joined to join and be part of the academic booster organization! The PTSA strives to help all students and staff succeed. Membership is only $10 for the first adult member, $5 for additional adult members, student members and staff members. A bargain! And, any additional Bulldog Bankroll donation is tax deductible, as the PTSA is an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) organization. The membership form can be found at PTSA Membership Form
Kids in Crisis
It is that time of year when we start receiving requests to help our Westfield Families with gift cards. This program helps the counselors give baskets at the holiday times to families in need as well as helping individual students who are in crisis. Please consider helping with a donation of a gift card or two. Please keep the cards to balances of 25.00 or less and from stores like Walmart, Shoppers, Target and Giant. Many of our children don’t have access to cars and need to walk to the stores. Please send the cards in to main office with attention Meg Crossett on the envelope. Thank you in advance for supporting our families in need in the Westfield Community.
SIS Parent Account Access
SIS Parent Account Access – Allows parents access to teacher grade books, attendance information, course history and other useful information
New Users: Please go to http://www.fcps.edu/it/MyParentAccount/ to create your Parent Access Account. To create an account, parents will need an “Activation Key”.
Returning Users: Please go to https://sisparent.fcps.edu to logon to your Parent Vue Account.
Parent Blackboard Access: As of October 1, 2015, parents MUST have a Parent Vue account in order to have parent access to Blackboard. If you lost your access to Blackboard, please create your Parent Vue account.
Please email email@example.com you need a new activation key or are having issues logging onto your Parent Vue Account. Please include your name, email address, student's name, students ID number and a short description of what the issue is.
Already this school year the PTSA volunteers have proudly done the following for Westfield:
- approved over $2400 in staff minigrants for/toward things such as the Librarian’s seminar, field trip support for AP Literature, apparatus for Geometry, and in class seminar for theater students
- sponsored the Social Media awareness and Library resources presentations
- coordinated volunteers for numerous events
- created the student directory
- BITs tutoring
- sponsored the Bulldog Café during Back to School Nights
- offered the Reflections Contest to all students
- sent out regular e-blasts with updates about WHS goings-on
- spruced up the front landscaping
- Honor Roll certificates and prize drawing (mid-November)
- and more…
Please be part of the impact and become a member today. Thank you.
In looking ahead, there is a need for a few volunteers for the following:
- Mulch Day planning and coordinating (starts now for the April 8/9 mulch day)
- Honor Roll certificates
- All Night Grad Party planning, next meeting November 10 at 6:30pm
Please check out the volunteer page at Bulldog Volunteers
For a complete list of businesses and individuals who donated to this year’s silent auction, please visit us. We greatly appreciate the support of our business community and ask that you consider supporting these businesses that support us!
HS PTSA President