Upcoming Dates/Events (view complete list of events)
- BITS tutoring continues: 11/14 & 11/21
- Report Cards Distributed: 11/15
- PTSA Meeting: 11/17
- Theatre’s Fall Main Stage: The Tempest 11/18,19,20
- Academic Letter Ceremony: 11/22
- Thanksgiving Holiday – 2 hour early dismissal on 11/23
- Safe Teen Driving Safety Meeting: 11/29
- Many sports teams are in playoffs
Kids in Crisis
It is that time of year when we start receiving requests to help our Westfield Families with gift cards. This program helps the counselors give baskets at the holiday times to families in need as well as helping individual students who are in crisis. Please consider helping with a donation of a gift card or two. Please keep the cards to balances of 25.00 or less and from stores like Walmart, Shoppers, Target and Giant. Many of our children don’t have access to cars and need to walk to the stores. Please send the cards in to main office with attention Meg Crossett on the envelope. Thank you in advance for supporting our families in need in the Westfield Community.
News You Choose
Last but not least, we need you to sign up for FCPS News You Choose. This has become a primary method of communication between the school, the PTSA, and you! Follow these simple steps:
FCPS Home Page
Scroll to the bottom
Mustard Yellow banner: “STAY UPDATED WITH WHAT’S HAPPENING AT FCPS WITH NEWS YOU CHOOSE”
Click box “SIGN UP NOW”
Enter Email address and click “SUBMIT”
Find button for “HIGH SCHOOLS”
Choose “WESTFIELD HIGH SCHOOL”
Choose first line: “NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS”
Choose second line “PTSA”
You will see a green banner with a check mark “SUBSCRPTIONS UPDATED”
Already this school year the PTSA volunteers have proudly done the following for Westfield:
- approved over $1000 in staff mini grants for/toward things such as the World Languages Conference, calculators for the Math Department seminar, Robotics club and others!
- sponsored the Cyberbullying and Social Media presentation
- coordinated volunteers for numerous events
- creating the student directory
- BITs tutoring
- sponsored the Bulldog Café during Back to School Nights
- offered the Reflections Contest to all students
- sent out regular e-blasts with updates about WHS goings-on
- spruced up the front landscaping
- Honor Roll gift card prize drawing (mid-November)
- and more…
Please be part of the impact and become a member today. Thank you.
Thank you to everyone who has joined the PTSA – our academic booster organization! Membership is only $10 for the first adult member, $5 for additional adult members, student members and staff members. Any additional Bulldog Bankroll donation is tax deductible, as the PTSA is an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) organization. The membership form can be found on the PTSA web page.
In looking ahead, there is a need for a few volunteers for the following:
- Mulch Day planning and coordinating (starts now for the April 21/22 mulch day)
- All Night Grad Party planning is underway! Please contact email@example.com if you’d like to help.
- Please check out the volunteer page at Bulldog Volunteers
For a complete list of businesses and individuals who donated to this year’s silent auction, please visit us. We greatly appreciate the support of our business community and ask that you consider supporting these businesses that support us!
WHS PTSA President