Upcoming Dates/Events (for a complete list of events, see the calendar)
- BITS tutoring continues: 12/6 and 12/13 (free)
- Little Known Secrets of Paying for College Presentation: 12/3
- Winter Break: 12/22-1/2
- Practice SAT/ACT combined test: 1/10
Thank you to everyone who has joined the PTSA already this year! We welcome and encourage anyone who hasn’t yet joined to join and be part of the academic booster organization! The PTSA strives to help all students and staff succeed. Membership is only $10 for the first adult member, $5 for additional adult members, student members and staff members. A bargain! And, any additional Bulldog Bankroll donation is tax deductible, as the PTSA is an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) organization. The membership form can be found at PTSA Membership Form Please be part of the impact and become a member today. Thank you.
PTSA volunteers have been busy planning several upcoming events:
- Little Known Secrets of Paying for College Seminar: Wednesday, December 3rd, 7 pm in Lecture Hall. All in the community are invited. The cost of a college education is higher than ever. How will you afford this expense? What if your children attend an elite or out-of-state school? What if they don’t graduate in four years? The costs can be monumental. This workshop will teach you how to send your children to college without bankrupting your retirement nest egg. Discover strategies that may enable you to qualify for financial aid, scholarship sources and strategies for maximizing your wealth and minimizing your tax exposure, giving you greater cash flow for a college education. Presented by The College Funding Coach.
- Practice SAT/ACT combination test, January 10, 2015: The PTSA and Kaplan are partnering again this year to offer students an opportunity to take a practice test to assess their performance before attempting official exams. The scores on this practice test are not sent to any reporting agency. Instead, students and parents are able to meet individually with a Kaplan test representative to discuss strengths/weaknesses as shown on the test. The fee is $20 per student and registration is open at http://bitly.com/SATACTWestfield Questions? Contact me
- Mulch Day, April 10 and 11, 2015: Thinking spring yet? Our annual mulch day will be happening in April. Please order from this event! One or two volunteers are needed to lead the effort and many volunteers will be needed on mulch day. Experienced committee chairs are in place but someone is needed to be the leader. If you can give some time to this event or have questions,contact me.
- All Night Grad Celebration, June 19th: The ANGP committee has been working hard planning this event for the Class of 2015! Tickets will go on sale soon. Volunteers will be needed.
Volunteer needs are listed at the volunteer page at Bulldog Volunteers
Thank you to everyone who has volunteered time this year! Your time is a gift and very much appreciated!
View complete list of businesses and individuals who donated to this year’s silent auction. We greatly appreciate the support of our business community and ask that you consider supporting these businesses that support us!
Happy Holidays to you and your families!
Please contact me with questions or concerns.
Westfield HS PTSA President