President Achive Messages
As the Holiday is fast approaching, I wish you and yours a lovely two weeks of Family and Friend time without the worry of schedules. I realize some will still have sports to practice and play, I just hope there is time to enjoy each other with less running to keep a schedule. Please enjoy the moments because those moments are gone in a flash.
I know, as Catherine is my last child in the public school system. Her dad and I have been involved with our children in Fairfax County Public Schools for 29 years; those 29 years have flown by. We, my husband and I are also products of Fairfax County Schools. The times were very different “back in the day” yet; we still had struggles with budget requirements. I do not believe that we have seen such a struggle as we have today with the budget crisis we are facing. This affects everyone, even folks without children in the system. Fairfax County has always been a draw in the real estate market because of the schools, we are not seeing that these days which means our housing values are not the potential they could be, everyone wants a good price for their home when they sell. We must support the budget to keep our school strong and rebuild what has fallen by the wayside to support our children but to also keep up property values. Please consider attending the hearing on the budget at Fairfax County Board of Supervisors 12/8 at 3:30pm- info below.
Upcoming Dates/Events (for a complete list of events, see the calendar.
- BITS tutoring continues: 12/5 and 12
- SOL Writing-Seniors from 12/7-12/11
- Fairfax County Board of Supervisor Budget hearing to protect our schools-12/8 at 3:30pm Fairfax Government Center
- Band Concert- 12/10 at 7pm
- PTSA Meeting- 12/10 at 7pm email Meg Crossett for directions
- State Football Championship- 12/12 at Scott Stadium UVA 4:00pm see below:
- Many sports teams are starting regular season, please view the calendar.
From Our House to Yours- Have the Happiest of Holidays,
HS PTSA President