President Achive Messages
June 2014 (Lots of information)
The school year is winding down, but the WHS PTSA is still going strong both with finishing up this year and planning for next year!
The PTSA web site, ptsa.westfieldhs.org and the school’s main web page contain valuable information. Please bookmark the websites and check them often. Also, please “like” us on Facebook. You can find us at Westfield High School PTSA. We will continue using these as information resources throughout the summer.
We will also send out occasional PTSA E-blasts as information becomes available over the summer. Please sign up to receive the e-blasts using the link on the PTSA website.
Closing out this school year:
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation Luncheon is Thursday, June 12th. Please help us thank the dedicated staff members. Donation requests are listed at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050F4EA9AA238-staff Thank you to Karen Fiala for planning!
- Senior news and events are posted on the Westfield main page. Practices, a BBQ, graduation, ANGP…still things to do!
- Senior Parents: ANGP tickets are still being sold. This event provides a safe, alcohol/drug free place for your students to celebrate their graduation with their classmates and friends! Lots of awesome prizes (TV, Kindle Fire, Keurig, college baskets, gift cards galore and much more!), food, DJ, casino, games, and more! Remember to submit your permission forms. Tickets available online at the PTSA website or you can download from the website and send them in to the main office along with a check.
- Senior Parents: To confirm that your student’s ANGP ticket purchase has been received by the PTSA, check the “Students” and “See who is coming to the party” link. The list is alphabetical, but only the first two letters of the student’s last name. If you do NOT see your student’s name but think you bought a ticket, please let us know so we can investigate.
- Senior Parents: ANGP is a “will call” event. As long as your student’s name is on the “see who is coming to the party” link, he/she will be expected between 11:15 pm and midnight.
- Senior BBQ: Adult volunteers are needed – any parent/guardian in invited to help! Please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/whsbulldog
On another note, the discussion about changing the FCPS start times in ongoing. Community meetings and a survey are being conducted. Please voice your opinion. The information link is at http://www.fcps.edu/news/starttimes.shtml
Planning for the 2014-2015 School Year:
- WE NEED YOU to help us fill the PTSA volunteer openings! Please consider donating some time as a committee chairperson. Most positions can be shared, if two people are interested. Openings include: Membership Chair, 2nd Vice President, Special Education Chair, Directory Chair (all in place, just needs to be updated/organized), Bulldog BBQ Co-Chair (a training position, as our current chair graduates next year), Legislative Chair (keep members informed about PTA legislative issues), and Parent Programs (plan 2 events/year).
- Bulldog BBQ Planning: The Bulldog Back to School BBQ is scheduled for Tuesday, August 26th from 5 pm to 8 pm (Mark your calendars!). Please consider helping with the planning. Contact Kelly Roberts at email@example.com Specific volunteer requests for that day will be made in August.
- The PTSA Silent Auction will be happening again this year during the Bulldog BBQ! If you or a company you know has anything to donate (items, services, tickets, time shares, etc.), please contact Usma Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
Finally, I’d like to thank everyone who has volunteered or helped the PTSA in any capacity this year! You have made a difference at Westfield and made my first year easier. A special thank you to all of the graduating parents who have given their time through the years, especially Mary Coleman (former PTSA President), Pam Murdoch (Membership), Colleen Nicoll (Dog Dish Cafe), Carolyn Edner (Special Education) Jeannie Donahue (ANGP), Meg Curry (ANGP), and Jaci Callas (ANGP).
Westfield HS PTSA President