President Achive Messages
Hello Westfield Families,
We have made it through a Blizzard and now need to catch up!
Our PTSA is supporting the Superintendent’s budget request and we need your help.
- Please consider joining #IamFCPS. The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors needs to know that the school community is behind the budget increase.
- Contact your supervisor as well as the Board of Supervisors to let them know you support the budget.
- Consider coming to the rally at the Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Tuesday February 16 at 4:45pm.
- Invite others in the community to join the effort; the quality of our schools affects everyone who owns property in Fairfax County.
Some important events coming up:
- February 18 at 7 pm: Brief PTSA meeting followed by a presentation on the new SAT, given by Kaplan’s Michelle Keefe. Come learn about changes to the SAT.
- March 17 at 7:30 pm: Saturday Night in the Suburbs- Please join us and the Unified Prevention Coalition to learn about what is really happening in our community on the weekends. This is for parents only- no children are allowed at this event. Thank you to the Westfield Business Owner’s Association for sponsoring this event with the PTSA.
- April 14 at 7:30pm Alumnae from Westfield HS will have a panel discussion on What’s Next? How to navigate through HS and get into college, what is important, what is not.
There are many opportunities and events to get involved with the PTSA, Westfield HS and to meet new people:
- Consider joining the All Night Grad Party committee to help plan the party for this year’s seniors, we are looking for underclass parents to help do the planning and run the event so Senior parents can enjoy the day with their children. Next meeting 3/10 in at 7:00 pm in room A101. Questions or to volunteer, please email ANGP Committee.
- Like accounting? Like being in the middle of activities? Consider a role as Treasurer on the PTSA. We are looking for someone to shadow our current Treasurer and be ready to take over at the end of the school year.
- Like Communications? Being creative? The role of Second VP is open. The Second VP helps with keeping the PTSA bulletin board updated with pertinent information and helps the president and vice president where needed at the meetings or with other items as needed.
- Mulch Sale- We need lots of volunteers to have a successful Mulch sale and delivery. To purchase mulch, please see the website. Student AND parent volunteers are needed and signups will begin soon. Delivery weekend is April 8th and 9th. Please mark your calendars.
Class of 2016 Info
- March 31st at 7:00 pm: Three months until graduation meeting. Come learn what’s happening between now and graduation, as well as graduation day events and the All Night Grad Celebration.
- The official Westfield HS graduation announcements and accessories ordering information was mailed to your home a couple of weeks ago. Balfour is our vendor for these products. They will be accepting orders in the cafeteria during all lunches on Wednesday, March 2nd. You may also order on their website at, balfour.com. If you have any questions please contact Balfour at 703-941-1436, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Night Graduation Celebration: Tickets will go on sale in early March. Information to follow soon.
- Mulch Sale: A successful mulch sale and delivery weekend drastically lowers the cost of tickets for the All Night Grad Celebration. Please be part of this event. Parents: we need you to drive students to customer homes for delivery (following a mulch truck) and various other tasks. Our younger students cannot drive themselves. Even if your student can drive, please consider volunteering and helping get the younger students to the houses.
If you have any suggestions for something PTSA can do to support the students please email me and let me know.
HS PTSA President