President Achive Messages
It’s that time - the new school year is almost here! The WHS PTSA has been busy planning for the new year and is excited to get started! For those new to Westfield, welcome! To returning families, welcome back!
As you get organized for the year, please note that the PTSA web site, and the school’s main web page contain valuable information. Please bookmark the web sites and check them often. Also, if you are on Facebook, please “like” us. You can find us at Westfield High School PTSA. We will continue using these as information resources as in the past.
We will also send out regular PTSA E-blasts with various bits of information about the goings on at Westfield. Please sign up to receive the e-blasts using the link on top of the PTSA web site. If you represent a Westfield club or activity, please send information you’d like included in eblasts and/or on the PTSA calendar.
- Freshman Parent Night is Wednesday, August 20th at 7 pm. The presentation will take place in the auditorium. PTSA membership forms will be available.
- The First PTSA meeting of the year will be on Thursday, August 21st at 7 pm in the library. If you are able to attend, we would be happy to see you!
- Required forms turn in opportunity– The required forms can be turned in to the main office on Wednesday, 8/20, Thursday, 8/21, and Friday, 8/22, between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm and also on Monday, 8/25, between the hours of 1 pm and 3 pm. The forms are available under the “Student Packets” link on the left side of the Westfield HS web site. Forms may also be turned in during the Bulldog BBQ.
- The Bulldog BBQ is Tuesday, August 26th from 5-8 pm. All Westfield students and families are invited to attend. This is the time to turn in required school forms, pick up schedules, join the PTSA and other groups, add money to your student’s lunch card, bid on incredible, donated items at the silent auction, eat dinner, catch up with friends, and more! A keep-in-touch message will be sent from Mr. Thomas soon. You can see the full list of silent auction donors if you click on the "Bulldog BBQ/Silent Auction" icon at the top of the home page.
- Volunteers are needed to help keep the BBQ running smoothly! If you can help (shifts are as little as 1 hour), please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/whsbulldog
- The Welcome Back to School Teacher/Staff Luncheon will be on Friday, August 29th. Please help us welcome all the teachers and staff to the new school year. Donation requests are listed at the following Sign Up Genius site: www.signupgenius.com/go/8050f4ea9aa238-whsback. Thank you to Karen Fiala for planning!
I invite and encourage you to join the Westfield HS PTSA this year. Your membership matters. Your membership and involvement help the PTSA work toward its goal of supporting all students, staff members and families at Westfield. You can join online now by clicking the link on our website or you can print the form and bring it in with your required forms. We will have printed copies available at the Bulldog BBQ. As a bonus, every person who joins the Westfield HS PTSA by October 6th, 2014 will be entered into a drawing for a new Kindle Fire HD and all new student members will be entered into a drawing for a Turbo Tutoring class.
The PTSA will create a directory again this year, thanks to April Milner who has volunteered to be the chairperson this year! If you or your business would like to advertise in the directory, please email April. Rates are very reasonable. Directories may be ordered using the All-In-One Membership form, which has a directory area. Finally, if you choose to opt-out your student from the directory, you must complete either the FCPS opt-out form or the opt-out portion on the Membership form by October 1, 2014.
I look forward to seeing you at the BBQ (if not before!) and look forward to a great year! Please contact me with questions or concerns.
Westfield HS PTSA President