PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 9-15-16
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
9/15 – PTSA Meeting-Guest Speakers: Tom Wilson and Dr. Copeland, 7 pm
9/20 – Back-to-School Night and Bulldog Café, Volunteers needed please
9/24 – Music Department Tag Day
9/28 – Turbo-Tutoring SAT class, 6:30 pm
9/30 – Homecoming Parade and Football Game
10/1 – Homecoming Dance
10/3 and 10/4 – Vision/hearing screenings, Volunteers needed please
Here are several updates from around the school:
- Mr. Tom Wilson (Sully District School Board Member) and Dr. Copeland (WHS Principal) will be at the PTSA meeting on Thursday, 9/15, at 7 pm in the WHS Library. Please join us and hear our speakers’ presentations on FCPS and Westfield. Bring your questions too!
- Bulldog Café at Back-to-School Night: Did you know that there will be ONE back-to-school night this year for all grades? Make it easier on yourself – arrive early, get a parking spot, and enjoy a relaxing dinner at the Bulldog Café before the main event of meeting your student’s teachers! Karen Lowe is organizing and will be selling Subway sandwiches, pizza, chips, candy, water, and sodas! Volunteers are needed – there are a few more adult volunteers needed and two student service hour opportunities still open! Student volunteering counts as PTSA volunteering, which is important for students planning to apply for the senior PTSA scholarships! Questions? Contact Mrs. Lowe as email@example.com
- Volunteers Needed for PTSA Table on Back-to-School-Night: Tricia Monroe is looking for a few parents (former WHS? Future WHS? Spouse who isn’t going to meet your student’s teachers? Etc.) who would be willing to cover the PTSA table during the 7-8:50 pm time when parents will be travelling to classes to meet teachers. Easy task – accept membership forms, watch and encourage bidding on the silent auction items, hand out maps, and smile! If you can help, please contact Tricia at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
- PTSA Membership: Have you joined the PTSA this year? Please do! It takes many people joining and helping in the mission of success for all students at Westfield. Please be one of those people – your participation matters. Click here! Tax deductible donations also gladly accepted and a receipt can be provided! Thank you!
- Cocktail-style dresses available for purchase: Best Bridal and Tailoring in Chantilly donated a number of beautiful new dresses and 5 are ideal for the Homecoming Dance (10/1)! The sizes are 10 and 12 and the cost is $50. To see the dresses, please click on the links at the bottom of the email. To try them on, please email Cathy Pisarcik at email@example.com to arrange a time!
- Silent Auction at Back-to-School-Night: Just in----a Brandon Snyder (WHS Alum!) autographed MLB baseball in a beautiful case! This is just one of several fantastic items that will be available for bidding during Tuesday’s back-to-school night! Stop by the PTSA table outside the Library to check out the fantastic items! All proceeds help the PTSA support all students, staff, and families! Please help us meet the mission.
- October 7th: Everyone who joins the PTSA by October 7th will be entered into a drawing for a fantastic gift card!
- 2016-2017 Student Directory: Student directories are being sold again this year, thanks to April Milner! You may order one by completing the directory section on the PTSA membership forms.
- Opt-Outs: If you do not wish for your student’s contact information to be in the WHS student directory, please complete either the FCPS or PTSA opt-out form by September 30th.
- Directory Advertising: The annual WHS student directory will feature ads from sponsors, ranging from full page to ¼ page size ads! If you know someone or if your company would like to advertise (very reasonable rates!), please contact April Milner.
- Teacher/Staff Membership Raffle: Congratulations to Mr. Greg Rupert and Ms. Wendy Pierce, the winners of the “early-bird” staff/teacher membership raffle! They each won an Amazon gift card!
- After School Concessions Volunteers Still Needed: Are you looking for a regular (every-other week) volunteer spot? There are several openings for the after school indoor concessions stand (2:50 pm - 3:50 pm) which runs from September through May! No hot food is sold, just snacks. Please contact Amanda Bremer with questions or to volunteer.
- LAST DAYS FOR THE Dance Team Raffle: The WHS Dance Team (which receives no funding from the school or any booster organization) is raising money for their upcoming trip to Nationals! They are having a raffle for 4 tickets to the Redskins vs Browns (RG III’s return to DC) game on October 2nd! Tickets available through dance team parents and the drawing will take place during the football game on September 16th.
- National Merit Semi-Finalists: Congratulations to the following WHS Seniors who were named National Merit Semi-finalists: Daniel Park, Celina Paudel, and Lucinda Zhu!
- Athletic Teams Calendar: To see the games/matches/meets for all WHS athletic teams, click here!
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpage Every order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Silent Fundraisers: We participate in several store school support programs, such as Giant’s A+ School Rewards and Harris Teeter’s Together in Education program. Please check out this link for more information!
- A huge thank you to the following who donated to this year’s silent auction! Please support these businesses who support Westfield!
Glenn and Becky Martin
Stadium Blanket by N. Camarata
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.