PTSA E-Tidbit News
11/8/16 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
11/8 – Student Holiday – Election Day
11/8 – Foster’s Fundraiser for Band
11/11 – Underclass student picture retakes
11/15 – 1st Quarter Report Cards distributed
11/15 – Last day for online spirit wear orders
11/17 – PTSA Meeting, 7 pm
11/18-20 – Theatre’s The Tempest
11/22 – Academic Letter Ceremony
Here are several updates from around the school:
- Report Cards Distributed 11/15 and Recognition at lunches: PTSA volunteers will be at all lunches on Tuesday, November 15th to recognize students who made the Honor Roll AND any student who earned an “A” during 1st quarter. Students should bring their report card to the PTSA table to enter the gift card drawings (one entry per “A” on the report card) and to pick up an Honor Roll magnet for those who earned a 3.3 GPA or higher for the quarter! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
- Library Volunteers Needed: The WHS library seeks volunteers! Please email Mrs. Lesser at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Mrs. Koenig at email@example.com with questions and to volunteer! Please include your availability when you send your message. Thanks!
- BITS Tutoring has returned! BITS tutoring for 2016-2017 has started! BITS runs up to 3 Saturday mornings per month. Student tutors are needed and earn service hours for their time! To be eligible for tutoring, students must attend Westfield or any of the schools that feed to Westfield (elementary and middle). For information and to see the required forms, click here Everyone must arrive on time. No late arrivals will be admitted.
- Screenagers Film Presentation: Everyone is invited to see Screenagers, a film about the effects of electronic devices on adults and children. The presentation will take place Wednesday, November 9th at 7 pm in the Virginia Run Elementary School Cafeteria, 15450 Martins Hundred Drive, Centreville. Tickets are $5 for adults and $1 for students. To register, please click here.
- Underclass Student Picture Retakes will be Friday, November 11th from 8 am to Noon in the Lecture Hall. Students can stop by between classes, during Bulldog Block, or with permission from their 1st or 3rd period teacher.
- WHS Theatre presents The Tempest: The theatre department proudly presents The Tempest, Friday 11/18 and Saturday 11/19 at 7:30 pm and Sunday 11/20 at 2 pm! Advance purchase and student tickets are $10 and at the door, tickets are $12. Order online here
- Online Spiritwear Orders: The athletic boosters online spirit wear shop is open through November 15th. Order by November 15th and items will be available for pick up December 14th, 15th, or 16th. See flier at bottom of eblast for ordering information.
- Academic Letter Ceremony: Students who finished the 2015-2016 school year with a 4.0 GPA or higher will be recognized at the Academic Letter Ceremony on Tuesday, November 22nd. Invitations for qualifying students will be sent to the address on record. Congratulations to all who earned the Academic Letter!
- Attention Senior Parents: The yearbook still has a few spaces remaining for senior ads! Please turn in your order form, payment, and pictures to Mrs. Naeve (E103) as soon as possible! The remaining spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis. The order form is attached at the bottom of this newsletter.
- News You Can Use: If you haven’t already done so, please consider registering to receive PTSA updates through the FCPS News You Can Use program. It’s a bit cumbersome to register but this is the main way the PTSA will be able to send messages (other than the eblasts and Facebook). To register: Go to FCPS.edu; Scroll to the bottom then click on the mustard yellow banner “Stay Updated with What’s Happening at FCPS with News You Can Choose; Click the “Sign Up Now box; Enter your email address and click “submit”; Find the button for “High Schools” and select “Westfield”; Choose first line “News and Announcements” then choose second line “PTSA” and click submit. You will see a green banner with a check mark and “Subscriptions Updated”. While in the system, you can opt for other areas of interest as well.
- After School Concessions Volunteers Still Needed: Are you looking for a regular (every-other week) volunteer spot? There are several openings for the after school concessions stand which runs from September through May! Please contact Amanda Bremer with questions or to volunteer.
- Sully District Bomb Squad Presentation: Are you curious about the police bomb squad? Come learn about the squad, how the K-9 team is trained, and more on Wednesday, November 9th from 7:30-9:00 pm. This is a family-friendly meeting and takes place at 4900 Stonecroft Blvd, Chantilly.
- Yearbook Orders: Save $10 by ordering a yearbook by December 31st! For details, visit here
- Athletic Teams Calendar: To see the games/matches/meets for all WHS athletic teams, click here!
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpage Every order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Silent Fundraisers: We participate in several store school support programs, such as Giant’s A+ School Rewards and Harris Teeter’s Together in Education program. You DO have to relink your Harris Teeter card each year but you do not have to relink your Giant card (but please check to ensure that you’ve designated Westfield!) Please check out this link for more information!
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast? Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations WHS Marching Bulldogs – US Bands Mid-Atlantic Regional Champions!
Congratulations Football – Concorde District Champions!
Good luck to Cross Country runners heading to states on 11/12 - Mason Joiner and Ameena Benselloum!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.