PTSA E-Tidbit News
4/17/17 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
4/18 – College Partnership Program Dinner Fundraiser, Chipotle (Westfield Blvd), 5-8 pm
4/18 – Band Dinner Fundraiser, Fosters (Westone Plaza), 4-9 pm
4/21 – 4/22 – Mulch Delivery! Please volunteer!
4/22 - BITS Tutoring, 9:30 am
Here are several updates from around the school:
- VOLUNTEERS for Mulch Weekend needed please – Adult drivers of students especially needed: It takes many hands to deliver the 13,000 bags of mulch ordered by our community! Students and adults are needed! Adults do not have to lift mulch bags (unless they want to)! Drivers follow mulch trucks and take students to the delivery locations. There are great prizes plus volunteers are fed during their shift(s)! Starbucks coffee will be available! Come join in on the fun – sign up with friends and enjoy the day while helping in this Westfield tradition! Please visit here to register! The link to food donations is also open. Students - register here (Remember to bring your bar code on your phone to check in for an extra raffle ticket!) Parents/Guardians - sign up here Food donations - sign up here!
- 2017-2018 PTSA Openings: Many of the current volunteers’ students are graduating and new volunteers are needed for the following positions for next year. They are: 1st Vice President (supports the President and learns the role, with the anticipation of becoming the future President), Secretary, Membership, Directory, Publicity, Communications, and Fundraising (Ways and Means-but not the mulch sale). If you are interested or have questions, please contact Tricia Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org Please help make a positive impact on all Westfield students, staff, and families!
- Prom Volunteers Needed – Ticket Sales and Prom Night: Adult volunteers are needed to help sell Prom tickets during lunches from May 8th – 12th and also at check-in and possibly other areas at the Prom on May 13th! To sign up, please click here.
- ANGP Tickets are on sale now! Class of 2017 All Night Grad Celebration tickets are now on sale. They are currently $60 each. This year’s event begins at Westfield for check-in and then students will be bused to Uptown Alley and Autobahn where they will spend the evening bowling in the black-light alley, playing laser tag, driving the autobahn speedway, playing unlimited arcade games, dancing to a fabulous DJ, playing pool, eating, and having chances to win fantastic prizes! Order online, download the ticket form and send it to the main office, or pick up a form in the main office. Remember to also complete the risk forms that are found online or attached to this email. Every attendee must have completed permission forms. Don’t miss the fun!
- Donations for ANGP Prizes requested: Plans are currently being made for the All Night Graduation Party for our seniors. It is set to be one of the best ANGP’s yet! One part of this fun evening is when students win door prizes -anything from gift cards to haircuts/nail services to college spirit wear to college dorm or apartment essentials – anything a graduating senior might enjoy. If you own a business, know someone who owns a business, or would just like to make a donation to the door prizes, please contact Cathy Roberson at 703-725-9341 or email@example.com. Any and all items are appreciated!
- PTSA Scholarship Applications: The PTSA Scholarship and PTSA Special Education scholarship applications are now available! The deadline to submit an application is Wednesday, May 3rd. Applications are attached to the bottom of the message and will be available in the Career Center as well. Questions? Contact Andrea Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have you ordered a yearbook yet? The cost for the 2016-2017 WHS Yearbook is $80 and will increase to $85, cash only, on May 7th! If paying by credit card, go to yearbookordercenter.com and use order number 5577. The online ordering site closes May 6th. To pay by cash or check, pick up an order form from outside Ms. Naeve's room and mail directly to Herff Jones or return to Ms. Jessica Naeve at Westfield.
- BITS Tutoring - Free! BITS runs up to 3 Saturday mornings per month. Student tutors are needed and earn service hours for their time! To be eligible for tutoring, students must attend Westfield or any of the schools that feed to Westfield (elementary and middle). For information and to see the required forms, click here Everyone must arrive on time. No late arrivals will be admitted. April 22nd and April 29th are the next BITS tutoring dates. Please come help deliver mulch after tutoring is done!
- WHS Theatre presents “Legally Blonde”: Westfield High School Theatre Presents "Legally Blonde" on Friday and Saturday, April 28-29 at 7:30 pm; Sunday, April 30 at 2 pm; Friday and Saturday, May 5-6 at 7:30 pm. Tickets are $10 in advance online and with a valid student ID; $12 at the door. For more information and to purchase tickets visit our website: www.westfieldtheatre.com
- Westfields Triathlon: The Westfield Business Owner’s Association is sponsoring the 5th annual Westfields Triathlon on April 30th! The WBOA is a fantastic business partner for our school! Please consider supporting the triathlon as a participant or volunteer! For information, click here.
- Turbo-Tutoring: The next SAT prep class is Wednesday, May 3rd from 6:30 pm-9:15 pm at Briar Woods HS, plus classes through the summer have been scheduled. To see the calendar and to register for a one-day seminar for SAT or ACT prep, click here or see the flier attached at the bottom of the e-blast.
- Track Chipotle Fundraiser: There will be a dinner fundraiser at the Westfield Blvd. Chipotle to support the Track team on Wednesday, April 26th from 5-8 pm!
- Senior Families: Mark your calendars! Baccalaureate for the Class of 2017 will be held June 11th from 5-6 pm.
- 3rd Annual Share Your Hair event: On May 22nd from 3-5 pm, WHS will take part in the third annual Share Your Hair event. Students and faculty are invited to donate at least 8 inches of hair to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program, which makes real hair wigs for women battling cancer. Please see Ms. Sweitzer in R115 or contact Allie Bush at email@example.com with questions or to pick up registration forms.
- FCPS 2017-2018 Calendar: You can see next year’s school calendar here. Remember, school starts August 28th!
- Bouveron/Greiner 5K Run: The SGA is hosting the 2nd annual event on Saturday, May 20th in memory and honor of two special WHS family members. For information and to register, click here.
- Athletic Boosters Concessions Sign-Ups: Volunteers are needed to help cover the concessions stand during spring sports. To sign up, click here
- College Partnership Program Fundraiser, April 18th: Please consider supporting the College Partnership Program’s fundraiser at Chipotle, 5049 Westfield Blvd, on Tuesday, April 18th from 5-8 pm. Please advise the cashier that you are there to support the CPP.
- Post-Secondary Options for Students with IEPs: On April 18th, there will be a workshop for parents and students regarding options for IEP students following graduation. For information and to register, click here.
- mySATadvisor.com: An option for SAT prep is mySATadvisor.com Online, unlimited practice and analytics on College Board tests and other popular test publishers. Improve speed and accuracy, practice missed or bookmarked questions, and more. Use promo code WHSPTSA20 for a 20% discount.
- FCPS Parent Resource Center: There are many resources available at the FCPS Parent Resource center. For information and to register for classes, visit here.
- News You Can Use: If you haven’t already done so, please register to receive PTSA updates through the FCPS News You Can Use program. It’s a bit cumbersome to register but soon, this will be the way the PTSA will send messages. To register: Go to FCPS.edu; Scroll to the bottom then click on the mustard yellow banner “Stay Updated with What’s Happening at FCPS with News You Can Choose; Click the “Sign Up Now box; Enter your email address and click “submit”; Find the button for “High Schools” and select “Westfield”; Choose first line “News and Announcements” then choose second line “PTSA” and click submit. You will see a green banner with a check mark and “Subscriptions Updated”. While in the system, you can opt for other areas of interest as well.
- Athletic Teams Calendar: To see the games/matches/meets for all WHS athletic teams, click here!
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpage Every order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Silent Fundraisers: We participate in several store school support programs, such as Giant’s A+ School Rewards and Harris Teeter’s Together in Education program. You DO have to relink your Harris Teeter card each year but you do not have to relink your Giant card (but please check to ensure that you’ve designated Westfield!) Please check out this link for more information!
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast? Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.