PTSA E-Tidbit News
6/18/17 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
Happy Father's Day!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
6/19 – 6/22 – Underclass Exams; Early Dismissal
6/21 – Sports Physicals at WHS (see #13)
6/23- Last Day of School! Dismissal at 10:00
6/23 – End-of-Year Staff Lunch – Dessert Donations requested please!
Here are several updates from around the school:
- Congratulations to the Class of 2017! All Night Grad Party Thank You: The 2017 ANGP was a fantastic success! Thank you to all the volunteers – your time and energy are greatly appreciated! Special thanks to the organizers: Shashana Courtney, Nancy Render (food), John Sodomka (security), Cathy Roberson and Robin Lott (prizes), Usma Johnson and Beth Jewell (check-in), Veronica Delaney (publicity), Ambrose Lewis (website), Karen Lowe (paperwork), Cathy Pisarcik (tickets/paperwork), Harry Van Trees (class administrator), and Tricia Monroe (PTSA President). Finally, Thank you to the graduates who made the evening so fun - we were very proud of you!
- ANGP Pictures Link: The link to Mrs. Delaney’s pictures is here!
- ANGP THANK YOU: Thank you to the many businesses and families that donated to the 2017 All Night Grad Party! A complete list will be sent out soon!
- End of Year Staff Lunch – Dessert Donations Requested Please: This Friday, June 23rd, the PTSA is hosting a staff lunch for all teachers and staff! Please help make this special by donating a dessert! Several volunteers are needed to help with set-up and clean-up too please. To see what’s needed and to sign up, please click here.
- 2017-2018 PTSA Openings– Volunteers Needed Please—rising freshman parents-this is a great opportunity to get in to the school, meet lots of people, and make a difference for your student and others! Volunteers are needed for the following positions for next year: 1st Vice President, Secretary, Publicity, and Fundraising (Ways and Means-but not the mulch sale), and a silent auction chair/co-chairs. Please help. Guidance will be provided! If you are interested or have questions, please contact Tricia Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org Please help make a positive impact on all Westfield students, staff, and families!
- PTSA thanks graduating PTSA Parent Volunteers: We would like to thank all parents/guardians who volunteered their time this year, especially our graduating parents! Your energy, wisdom, and willingness to make a difference helped the PTSA make an impact this year. Thank you!
- End of Year Schedule: Click here for the schedule for the final week of school!
- Summer Assignments Links: Click here for summer assignments.
- Westfield Reads Summer Assignment: All students and staff members are required to read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Students may choose the young adult version, if they prefer. http://laurahillenbrandbooks.com/ and young adult version information
- Interested in a parking pass for next year? The online student parking application opened on Tuesday, June 6 at 3:30 PM for rising Seniors and Juniors who currently have a valid driver's license. Students should go to the Westfield website to carefully review the application process and get the link to complete the online application packet using your FCPS Google account. The current parking rate is $200 per school year. The student parking application should be completed at home with a parent or guardian. Applications are accepted in the cafeteria during lunches: https://westfieldhs.fcps.edu/resources/parking-students
- There may be a few yearbooks still available for purchase: The cost for the 2016-2017 WHS Yearbook is now $85, cash only. Please contact Mrs. Naeve at email@example.com you have any questions.
- Bulldog BBQ Tuesday, Aug 22nd( 5:00 -7:30 p.m. ) ! Plans are underway for the 2017-2018 Bulldog BBQ! If your Westfield HS Activities Office officially sanctioned club or group would like to have a table or do any type of fundraising, you will need to complete a request form. Forms are being placed in school mailboxes today, you can complete the form electronically https://goo.gl/forms/XrmLeDUIaQrsQBco2 or you can print the attached form and return Fundraisers are not final until approved by the Bulldog BBQ Committee, in conjunction with the Westfield Activities Office (per FCPS regulations). For more information email Jeanette Schutte (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VHSL Sports Physicals at Westfield: On June 21st from 5:30-7:30 pm, WHS will host the annual sports physicals night. The cost is $50 per preregistered student and takes about an hour to complete. Proceeds are donated to the FCPS Athletic Training Program and help treat injured Bulldog athletes. All physicals will be kept on file at Westfield and will be good for the 2017-2018 school year. Physicals are comprehensive and include a physical exam, flexibility and strength assessment, posture screening and a vision exam. Register by clicking here and scrolling to the bottom. The link closes Tuesday, June 20th or when all spaces are filled! Questions? Contact Ms. Partner at email@example.com
- Summer Math Refresher Camp:The math refresher camp will run August 7th-11th from 9-11:30 am and is a summer program designed to prepare students for their fall math class - Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, or Pre-Calculus. The camp is FREE for all Westfield students! Registration is required and the firm deadline to register is July 7th. To register, complete the attached registration form and submit it electronically to Ms. Sweitzer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Congratulations to Ms. Snyder! History teacher and Social Studies Department Chair Ms. Gretchen Snyder was named the Mount Vernon History Teacher of the Year! Thank you for all you do for our students and Westfield!
- Indoor Concessions Volunteer Openings for 2017-2018 School Year: The Indoor Concessions booth is in need of a volunteer coordinator to organize the shifts and volunteers. Also needed are volunteers to cover the indoor concessions after school. Shifts are 2 times per month, about an hour and a half per shift. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Amanda Bremer at email@example.com
- Freshman Bootcamp: Freshmen Bootcamp is an opportunity for all rising freshman to participate in a “Get to Know Westfield High School” program. The 2017 camp will take place August 14-16 from 9 AM-12PM in the school’s cafeteria. The registration form and emergency care form are attached. The registration deadline is August 1st.
- FCPS 2017-2018 Calendar: You can see next year’s school calendar Remember, school starts August 28th
- com: An option for SAT prep is mySATadvisor.com Online, unlimited practice and analytics on College Board tests and other popular test publishers. Improve speed and accuracy, practice missed or bookmarked questions, and more. Use promo code WHSPTSA20 for a 20% discount.
- FCPS Parent Resource Center:There are many resources available at the FCPS Parent Resource center. For information and to register for classes, visit
- com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpageEvery order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast?Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Know someone new to Westfield next year? Please encourage them to join the PTSA and to sign up for the PTSA’s eblasts!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.