PTSA E-Tidbit News
7/21/17 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
7/21-23 – Beauty and the Beast, Summer Stage
7/28-29 – Beauty and the Beast, Summer Stage
Here are several updates from around the school:
- 2017 ANGP Pictures Link: The link to Mrs. Delaney’s pictures is here!
- End of Year Staff Lunch Thank Yous: A belated thank you to everyone who donated desserts and time for the end of year staff lunch! Thanks to Jennie Joiner and Tricia Monroe for organizing!
- 2017-2018 PTSA Openings– Volunteers Needed Please—rising freshman parents-this is a great opportunity to get in to the school, meet lots of people, and make a difference for your student and others! A volunteer is still needed for the 1st Vice President position! No experience is needed! This is a position that shadows the president, with the possibility of becoming the next president. Please contact Tricia Monroe at email@example.com to learn more! ALSO, a volunteer (or two) is needed to be the Bulldog BBQ Lead person. This person will work with Mr. Van Tress (BBQ sponsor) and Tricia Monroe to plan and run the annual Bulldog BBQ. No experience needed! Please contact Tricia at firstname.lastname@example.org Please help make a positive impact on all Westfield students, staff, and families.
- Silent Auction Donations Sought: The 2017-2018 school year is fast approaching! During the Bulldog BBQ, there will be a silent auction which is the main fundraiser for the WHS PTSA operating budget. With this money as well as membership dues and general donations, the PTSA is able to sponsor parent programs through the year, offer teacher grants, hold teacher appreciation luncheons and events, provide scholarships, offer technology support, and much more. Donations are currently being sought for this year’s silent auction. Do you have anything to donate? Or know a company who would be willing to donate? Nothing is too big or too small! The PTSA is a 501(c)3 organization and a tax donation letter is available for all who donate. Please contact Maria Rudolph at email@example.com to donate! Thank you!
- Summer Assignments Links: Click here for summer assignments.
- Westfield Reads Summer Assignment: All students and staff members are required to read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Students may choose the young adult version, if they prefer. http://laurahillenbrandbooks.com/ and young adult version information
- Westfield Summer Stage presents Beauty and the Beast: Enjoy the talent of local middle and high school thespians as they present Beauty and the Beast! The production runs this weekend and next! For information and to purchase tickets, click here!
- Interested in a parking pass for next year? The online student parking application is open! Students should go to the Westfield website to carefully review the application process and get the link to complete the online application packet using your FCPS Google account. The current parking rate is $200 per school year. The student parking application should be completed at home with a parent or guardian. All details about turning in the paperwork and the parking meetings in August can be found at: https://westfieldhs.fcps.edu/resources/parking-students
- Bulldog BBQ Tuesday, Aug 22nd( 5:00 -7:30 p.m. ) ! Plans are underway for the 2017-2018 Bulldog BBQ! If your Westfield HS Activities Office officially sanctioned club or group would like to have a table or do any type of fundraising, you will need to complete a request form. Forms are being placed in school mailboxes today, you can complete the form electronically https://goo.gl/forms/XrmLeDUIaQrsQBco2 or you can print the attached form and return Fundraisers are not final until approved by the Bulldog BBQ Committee, in conjunction with the Westfield Activities Office (per FCPS regulations). For more information email Jeanette Schutte (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Freshman Bootcamp: Freshmen Bootcamp is an opportunity for all rising freshman to participate in a “Get to Know Westfield High School” program. The 2017 camp will take place August 14-16 from 9 AM-12PM in the school’s cafeteria. The registration form and emergency care form can be found here. The registration deadline is August 1st.
- Free Heart Screenings: In honor of Conor Bouveron, the Ryan Lopynski Big Heart Foundation and the WHS PTSA are sponsoring a free EKG screening at Westfield on Saturday, September 23rd from 9 am to 1 pm. EKGs can help identify and prevent sudden cardiac arrest, a leading cause of death in young people. Registration is open for 12 to 26 year olds. Interested in registering or donating to the foundation? Click
- 2017 All Night Grad Party Donor Thank Yous! The 2017 ANGP was a success thanks to many volunteers of course, but also because of the willingness of many families and businesses to donate to the event. Donations included items for prizes, food to feed the graduates and volunteers, and monetary ones to offset the cost of the event or purchase prizes. Thank you to all who donated—your support was a tremendous help!
At Home, Chantilly
Cheryl Folmer, Realtor
Chick fil A at Chantilly Air and Space Museum Parkway and FFC
Dollar Tree, Sully Shopping Center
George Mason University Bookstore
Giant Food, Centreville
Hair Cuttery, Stone Rd.
James Madison University Book Store
Jersey Mikes, Chantilly
Olive Garden, Fair Oaks
Family Donations: Afferton, Bremer, Carper, Cooke, Hagemeier, Loebl, McDermott, Khan, Render, Sankineni, Shank, Shirley, Stein, Weston
If anyone was left off the list by mistake, please accept our apologies and please let us know!
- Turbo-Tutoring: SAT and ACT prep classes are offered throughout the year by Turbo-Tutoring. For information and to sign up, visit here!
- FCPS 2017-2018 Calendar: You can see next year’s school calendar Remember, school starts August 28th
- com: An option for SAT prep is mySATadvisor.com Online, unlimited practice and analytics on College Board tests and other popular test publishers. Improve speed and accuracy, practice missed or bookmarked questions, and more. Use promo code WHSPTSA20 for a 20% discount.
- FCPS Parent Resource Center:There are many resources available at the FCPS Parent Resource center. For information and to register for classes, visit
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpageEvery order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast?Send a request to email@example.com
Know someone new to Westfield next year? Please encourage them to join the PTSA and sign up for the PTSA’s eblasts!
No longer have a student at Westfield? To unsubscribe, use the link below.
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.