PTSA E-Tidbit News
8/20/17 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
through 8/21 - Online Silent Auction!
8/21 – Essential Forms Collection, 9 am – 3 pm (volunteers requested)
8/22 – Bulldog BBQ, 5-7:30 pm (many volunteers still needed)
8/28 – First day of school
Here are several updates from around the school:
- 2017-2018 PTSA Openings– Volunteers Needed Please—rising freshman parents-this is a great opportunity to get in to the school, meet lots of people, and make a difference for your student and others! Volunteers are needed for the 1st Vice President and Treasurer positions! Please contact Tricia Monroe at email@example.com to learn more! Please help make a positive impact on all Westfield students, staff, and families.
- Bulldog BBQ Tuesday, Aug 22nd(5:00 -7:30 p.m.)! Students and Families: Please make plans to attend the Bulldog BBQ on August 22nd! This is the time to join the PTSA, check out and bid on the awesome items at the silent auction, learn about clubs and activities, purchase and enjoy food from one of the local restaurants or from some of our Korean families (thank you for organizing Ms. Kim), purchase class spirit wear, pick up schedules, catch up with friends and neighbors and more!
- Silent Auction Information: The silent auction will run online through Monday, 8/21, when bidding will stop and transition to the live event in the Library at the Bulldog BBQ on 8/22. Even if you cannot attend the BBQ, you can still bid on items and support the event! Live auction bidding runs from 4:30-6:30 pm during the Bulldog BBQ. Click here to see the many different items available for bidding! Items include restaurant gift cards, WHS Theatre tickets, WHS athletic booster passes, cookies by Karen, McLean Orchestra tickets, SAT/ACT prep, a large 31 tote bag, ski package, Luray Caverns and Newseum tickets, a beautiful quilt, yoga and gym admissions, hotel packages, autographed Nationals, Capitals, and Redskins items, pet item, nails, car care, and more! Thank you to everyone who donated!!
- PTSA Membership: Please join the PTSA this year. You can join online here. You can also download the attached membership and turn it in with your student’s forms or at the Bulldog BBQ.
- Back-to-School Night: There will be one BTSN at Westfield this year, September 12th. There are two ways to avoid the dash for parking – first, join the PTSA by September 8th and be automatically entered into a drawing for a reserved front parking spot! Also, arrive early and pick up a bite to eat at the Bulldog Café which will be open before the evening’s events.
- Volunteers needed during Bulldog BBQ: Please click here to see what help is needed! Volunteers can sign up to help in the front parking lot (only vendors can park here), with schedule distribution, at the welcome table, and in the silent auction. Shift times vary. There is time to volunteer for a bit and browse for a bit.
- Essential Forms Volunteers Needed: Every student is required to turn in the “essential forms” before receiving his/her schedule. A few volunteers are still needed for the Monday, August 21st form turn in. The shifts are 9 am to noon and noon to 3 pm. Please sign up here.
- Bulldog BBQ Volunteers Needed: Many volunteers will be needed for the Bulldog BBQ! Details and shifts will be available soon and will be listed here Please sign up to help for a bit!
- Summer Assignments Links: Click here for summer assignments. Summer has been short but the summer assignments still have to get done! J
- Westfield Reads Summer Assignment: All students and staff members are required to read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Students may choose the young adult version, if they prefer. http://laurahillenbrandbooks.com/ and young adult version information
- Interested in a parking pass? The online student parking application is still open! Students should go to the Westfield website to carefully review the application process and get the link to complete the online application packet using your FCPS Google account. All details about turning in the paperwork and the parking meetings in August can be found at: https://westfieldhs.fcps.edu/resources/parking-students
- Parking Spot Raffle: Students – nervous that you’ll be parking at the Cub Run Rec Center end of the parking lot? Want to be closer to the door so you get into the building faster? The PTSA will hold a raffle for 2 of the front row student parking spaces! Tickets will be available for purchase at the PTSA table during the Bulldog BBQ and at both parking meetings on 8/24. $5 for one ticket and $20 for 5 tickets. If your raffle ticket wins, you will trade your parking pass for the close one!
- Free Heart Screenings: In honor of Conor Bouveron, the Ryan Lopynski Big Heart Foundation and the WHS PTSA are sponsoring a free EKG screening at Westfield on Saturday, September 23rd from 9 am to 1 pm. EKGs can help identify and prevent sudden cardiac arrest, a leading cause of death in young people. Registration is open for 12 to 26 year olds. Interested in registering or donating to the foundation? Click
- Turbo Tutoring SAT and ACT Prep: SAT and ACT prep classes are offered by Turbo Tutoring throughout the year. For information and to register, see the attached flier or click here. The first SAT classes are this month!
- Donation toward technology! Through donations and fundraising efforts of the 2016-2017 PTSA, we were able to present Dr. Copeland with a $5,200 check which will be used toward upgrading technology! Thank you to everyone who was involved! With the FCPS budget as it is, funding for technology is not sufficient and efforts of the community are needed to help. We will continue raising funds this school year. Please be part of the difference for all of our students!
- Chipotle Fundraiser for Dance Team: The WHS Dance Team is holding a fundraiser at the Sully Station Chipotle on Monday, September 18th from 5-8 pm. Please either show the attached flier to the cashier or tell the person that you are supporting the Dance Team. Thanks!
- 2017 All Night Grad Party Donor Thank Yous! The 2017 ANGP was a success thanks to many volunteers of course, but also because of the willingness of many families and businesses to donate to the event. Donations included items for prizes, food to feed the graduates and volunteers, and monetary ones to offset the cost of the event or purchase prizes. Thank you to all who donated—your support was a tremendous help!
At Home, Chantilly
Cheryl Folmer, Realtor
Chick fil A at Chantilly Air and Space Museum Parkway and FFC
Dollar Tree, Sully Shopping Center
George Mason University Bookstore
Giant Food, Centreville
Hair Cuttery, Stone Rd.
James Madison University Book Store
Jersey Mikes, Chantilly
Olive Garden, Fair Oaks
Family Donations: Afferton, Bremer, Carper, Cooke, Hagemeier, Loebl, McDermott, Khan, Render, Sankineni, Shank, Shirley, Stein, Weston
- ANGP 2017 Pictures link: Click here Thank you Mrs. Delaney!
- FCPS 2017-2018 Calendar: You can see next year’s school calendar Remember, school starts August 28th
- com: An option for SAT prep is mySATadvisor.com Online, unlimited practice and analytics on College Board tests and other popular test publishers. Improve speed and accuracy, practice missed or bookmarked questions, and more. Use promo code WHSPTSA20 for a 20% discount.
- FCPS Parent Resource Center:There are many resources available at the FCPS Parent Resource center. For information and to register for classes, visit
- com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpageEvery order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast?Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Know someone new to Westfield next year? Please encourage them to join the PTSA and sign up for the PTSA’s eblasts!
No longer have a student at Westfield? To unsubscribe, use the link below.
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.