PTSA E-Tidbit News
9/15/17 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
HAPPENINGS (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
9/16 – Music Department’s “Tag Day” Fundraiser
9/18 – Dance Team Chipotle Fundraiser
9/21 – PTSA Meeting, “State of the School” - 7 pm
9/22 – Teacher/Staff Lunch (Donations needed please)
9/22 – Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
9/23 – Free Heart Screening, 9 am-1pm
Here are several updates we know about from around the school:
- Free Heart Screenings: In honor of Conor Bouveron, the Ryan Lopynski Big Heart Foundation and the WHS PTSA are sponsoring a free EKG screening at Westfield on Saturday, September 23rd from 9 am to 1 pm. EKGs can help identify and prevent sudden cardiac arrest, a leading cause of death in young people. Registration is open for 12 to 26 year olds. Interested in registering for this potentially life-saving, free event? Click here to register.
- PTSA Meeting Thursday, 9/21 at 7 pm in the Library – Following a brief business meeting, hear Dr. Copeland’s State of the School presentation. There will time for questions and conversation.
- Teacher/Staff Back-To-School Lunch: The PTSA is sponsoring a back-to-school lunch for the fantastic teachers and staff members at Westfield on Friday, September 22nd (the teacher workday)! To complete the menu, donations of salads (green, fruit, and pasta) have been requested. Also, volunteers are needed to help before, during, and after the event. To see what is needed, please click here. Thank you and thank you to Vanessa Moore for coordinating!
- PTSA Secretary Position open: A volunteer is needed to fill a vacant PTSA board position, Secretary. Tammy Hagemeier has volunteered to serve as Treasurer, leaving her position as Secretary open. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Tricia Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PSAT Information: PSAT Day is Wednesday, October 11th. Freshmen will take the College Board PSAT 8/9 and sophomores and juniors will take the PSAT-NMSQT. FCPS pays for the score reports for 9th and 10th grade students. If you are a junior parent and would like the score report, there is a fee of $20. The form is attached or you may pay online at myschoolbucks.com (search from PSAT-NMSQT fee). Payment must be made by September 29th.
- PTSA Membership: If you haven’t already, please join the PTSA this year. You can join online here. Congratulations to the members whose names were drawn for the reserved parking spots at back-to-school night (Jennie Joiner, Vinod Adimulam, Lois Hale, and Helen Yi)!
- Back-to-School Night Thank Yous: Thank you to the volunteers who helped make the Bulldog Café and PTSA membership table run well! Thank you to:Tammy Hagemeier and Eileen Ehreth and to student volunteers: Samhitha Chadive, Noah Ehreth, Katherine Finn, Lauren Knabe, Maggie Monroe, William Roberts, Bella Rubijono. A special thanks to Karen Lowe (WHS Alum parent!) who organized and ran the café!
- Request for convertibles and trucks for the October 6th Homecoming Parade: If you have a convertible or truck you would be willing to drive and/or loan for the Homecoming Parade, please contact Mr. Chapman at email@example.com or Ms. Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Vehicles are needed from 4-6 pm.
- Homecoming Information: Spirit week is 10/2-10/6, the parade is Friday, 10/6 (5:15-ish starting and ending at Cub Run Elementary) followed by the football game vs. Madison at 7 pm. The dance is at Westfield on Saturday, 10/7, from 8-11 pm. Tickets will be sold during lunches during sprint week. Adult volunteers have been requested for ticket sales. Please contact Mr. Chapman at email@example.com if you can help. Tickets are $20/each.
- Westfield Crew Interest Meeting: Wednesday, September 20th from 7-8 pm in the WHS Cafeteria. Parents and athletes are invited to attend this brief informational meeting to learn what it means to PULL TOGETHER as a member of the Westfield Crew Team!
- Hearing/Vision Screening Volunteers: On October 2nd and 3rd, all sophomores and upper grade students new to FCPS will have their hearing and vision tested. Adult volunteers are needed to help with the testing! No experience needed. Training and snacks provided. To sign up, please click here. Thank you!
- WHS Student Directory Advertising – Last Call: Interested in reaching hundreds of WHS families through advertising? Ads are currently being sold for the 2017-2018 WHS directory. Prices are very reasonable. Please contact Christina Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHS Student Directory Purchase: To reserve a copy of the WHS Student Directory, indicate the number you’d like using the PTSA Membership form. The form is online and attached.
- 9th-11th Grade Pictures: All underclass students will have their pictures taken between 9/18-9/21 during an English class. You can preorder pictures online by clicking here.
- Turbo Tutoring SAT and ACT Prep: SAT and ACT prep classes are offered by Turbo Tutoring throughout the year. For information and to register, see the attached flier or click here. The next SAT class is at Westfield on 9/30.
- Tag Day Fundraiser: Students from the WHS Music Department (band, chorus, and orchestra students) will be out in the WHS neighborhoods on Saturday, September 16th asking for donations to the music department! Please consider make a tax-deductible donation and help keep the music department performing at the high level it does! No donation is too small! Miss the students? You can send a donation to WHS (check made to WHS Music Boosters). Thank you!
- Chipotle Fundraiser for Dance Team: The WHS Dance Team is holding a fundraiser at the Sully Station Chipotle on Monday, September 18th from 5-8 pm. Please either show the attached flier to the cashier or tell the person that you are supporting the Dance Team. Thanks!
- Chipotle Dinner Fundraiser for Cross Country: The WHS Cross Country Team is holding a fundraiser at the Sully Station Chipotle on Tuesday, September 26th from 4-8 pm. Please show the attached flier or mention to the cashier that you are there to support the team!
- Thank you Silent Auction Donors:
WHS Orchestra Boosters
- FCPS 2017-2018 Calendar: You can see next year’s school calendar
- com: An option for SAT prep is mySATadvisor.com Online, unlimited practice and analytics on College Board tests and other popular test publishers. Improve speed and accuracy, practice missed or bookmarked questions, and more. Use promo code WHSPTSA20 for a 20% discount.
- FCPS Parent Resource Center:There are many resources available at the FCPS Parent Resource center. For information and to register for classes, visit Upcoming presentation: Ann Dolin’s “Homework Made Simple” on 9/29. Registration required.
- com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpageEvery order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast?Send a request to email@example.com
Know someone new to Westfield next year? Please encourage them to join the PTSA and sign up for the PTSA’s eblasts!
No longer have a student at Westfield? To unsubscribe, use the link below.
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.