PTSA E-Tidbit News
10/29/17 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
10/30 - Foster's Dinner Fundraiser for Chorus, 4-9 pm
10/31-11/2 – Battle for Chantilly at Moe’s
11/2 – Fall Band Concert, 7 pm
11/3 – End of First Quarter, 2-hour early release
11/6-11/7 – No School
11/7 - Election Day
11/10 – Reflections Contest Submission Deadline (see #5 below)
11/14 – Report Cards Distributed
11/14 – “A” Day, Volunteers needed please
Here are several updates we know about from around the school:
- ISO: All Night Graduation Celebration Chair/Co-Chair: There is still a need for someone to head up the 2018 All Night Grad Celebration! This person (or pair of people) can be parents/guardians from any grade! This person or team will work with a committee of volunteers (these volunteers also needed!) to plan, organize and run the event. There is a budget to work with, with most of the event funded by the spring mulch sale and ticket sales. This is a traditional event with the main goal of providing a safe event following graduation. Please contact Tricia Monroe at email@example.com with questions or to volunteer! Please help spread the word. As of now, there is no ANGP for the Class of 2018.
- Publicity Chair Needed: The primary role of this position (though it can be molded) is to help promote the mulch and ANGP events by creating fliers, taking pictures, putting together a slide show/video to show parents and students. This is an open-ended role, with room for creativity.
- PTSA Membership: If you haven’t already, please join the PTSA this year. You can join online here.
- “A” Day Volunteers Needed: On Tuesday, November 14th, students will receive their report cards for the 1st During lunches that day, they can bring their report cards to the volunteers in the cafeteria during all lunches and receive a ticket for each “A”. They then enter their tickets for prize drawings! VOLUNTEERS needed please! If you can help from 11:45-2:00 on Tuesday, November 14th, please email Andrea Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reflections Arts Contest Deadline is November 10th: This year’s theme is “Within Reach”. Entries may be made in the following categories: dance choreography, film production, literature, musical composition, photography, and visual arts. For rules and directions, click here. Submissions should be turned in to the front office by November 10th. Thank you to Mr. Sutliff, a WHS alum parent, for coordinating the program again this year!
- Easy ways to Support Westfield:
- Giant Food: Please register your Giant bonus card. It has to be registered every year and can be done at: https://giantfood.com/school-rewards Our school code is 03798. The program runs October 6th – March 15th.
- Harris Teeter: Register your VIC card at http://www.harristeeter.com/community/together_in_education/link_to_your_school.aspx Our school code is 8134.
- Office Depot: When checking out at the register, please ask them to credit Westfield HS. The code is 70115228. They’ll give 5% back to the school!
- Amazon: Please click on the link on the right side of the PTSA’s webpage before ordering! www.ptsa.westfieldhs.org
- Shutterfly: Please click here to give 13% of your purchase back to the school!
- Foster’s Grille Fundraiser: On Monday, October 30th, the chorus will be having a dinner fundraiser at Foster’s Grille at Westone Plaza! A portion of sales between 4-9 pm that day will be given directly to the WHS Chorus program! Thank you to Foster’s, a wonderful community supporter of our school!
- Bulldog Hot/Cold Tumbler Fundraiser: Support the Westfield Band and show your Westfield pride by purchasing a Bulldog tumbler (see the attached picture). Each 16 oz clear, insulated tumbler with lid is only $20 and makes a great gift. Many college and university designs are also available. Order through your favorite Westfield band student or email email@example.com by November 10.
- Battle for Chantilly at Moes (Westone Plaza): From Tuesday, October 31 through Thursday, November 2nd, please plan to eat at Moe’s and help Westfield win the Battle for Chantilly! At the football game Friday night, the winner will be announced and with your help, it will be Westfield! Moe’s is donating 25% of sales to the winning school and 15% of sales to the losing school. Visit the Moe’s at Westone Plaza and mention that you are there to support Westfield so your receipt will go in the Westfield bucket!
- Catering Orders help with the Battle for Chantilly at Moes: If you plan to have Moe’s cater an event (holiday gatherings, grad parties, super bowl parties, etc.), you can help Westfield win the Battle for Chantilly by placing and paying for your catering order this week! Contact Amber or Michelle anytime between now and November 2nd, at 703-505-4131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gray Out T-Shirts for Friday’s Football Game vs. Chantilly: Gray out t-shirts, specially designed for this week’s Battle for Chantilly, will be sold after school at the indoor concessions stand on Wednesday and Thursday for $10 each.
- Superintendent Brabrand is holding community meetings: There are five scheduled community meetings scheduled this fall. The remaining meeting that is closest to Westfield is November 28th at Chantilly High School. Interpreters will be available but attendees needed the service need to register ahead of time to ensure an interpreter is available. For information, click here.
- Scholarships, Enrichment, and Volunteer Information: Students interested in scholarships, enrichment, and volunteering should stop by the Career Center! There is ever-changing list information available!
- Apprenticeship and Skilled Workforce Career Fair: On November 16th from 11 am to 2 pm at Edison High School, more than 30 employers and trade schools will be present to discuss opportunities. Exhibitors include Dominion Electric, National Park Services, and Wegmans. Students should stop by the Career Center for more information.
- Turbo Tutoring SAT and ACT Prep: SAT and ACT prep classes are offered by Turbo Tutoring throughout the year. For information and to register, see the attached flier or click here.
- mySATadvisor.com: An option for SAT prep is mySATadvisor.com Online, unlimited practice and analytics on College Board tests and other popular test publishers. Improve speed and accuracy, practice missed or bookmarked questions, and more. Use promo code WHSPTSA20 for a 20% discount.
- FCPS Parent Resource Center:There are many resources available at the FCPS Parent Resource center. For information and to register for classes, visit here.
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast?Send a request to email@example.com
Good luck to all sports teams continuing in post-season play!
Good luck to the Marching Bulldogs as they travel to the University of Maryland Mid-Atlantic Regional Championships on Saturday! The band is the reigning champion!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.