PTSA E-Tidbit News
12/4/17 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
12/7 – Candlelight Chorus Concert, 7:30 pm
12/9 – State Championship football game
12/12 – Pie and Punch for WHS Staff, donations and volunteers needed
12/12 – Winter Orchestra Concert
12/13 – Jazz Ensemble and Concert Band winter concert, 7 pm
12/14 – Symphonic Band and Wind Symphony winter concert, 7 pm
Here are several updates we know about from around the school:
- PTSA Membership: If you haven’t already, please join the PTSA this year. You can join online here.
- Pie and Punch Holiday Staff Party: On Tuesday, December 12th, the PTSA is hosting a Pie and Punch Holiday Party for staff members and volunteers plus donations of desserts have been requested. Can you please help? To see what’s needed, click here. Thank you Vanessa Moore for organizing!
- Practice SAT or ACT Test-February 3rd: WHS PTSA and Kaplan are hosting a practice SAT or ACT test event on Saturday, February 3, 2018. This is a great opportunity for students to take one of the tests and receive feedback, helping identify strengths and areas needing improvement. Students identify which test they'd like to take when registering for the event. Scores on the practice test are for the student use only and are not sent to colleges. Cost: $20 To sign up, click here.
- Yarn Donations: The WHS librarians are sponsoring a volunteer opportunity for students after school on Mondays in the library. Students will be able to knit scarves for the homeless. This project is in conjunction with SOME.org and students will be able to earn community service hours. This is a project that is offered at Stone MS, so we hope to encourage students to continue this work at Westfield. To help get this project rolling, donations of yarn have been requested: Red Heart brand yarn, acrylic (washable), weight category 4, dark colors only, and from smoke-and-pet-free homes (due to allergies). Questions? Please contact Ms. Koenig at email@example.com.
- Yearbooks: Have you ordered a 2017-2018 Yearbook yet? To order, click here and enter code 5577.
- Student Directories: If you purchased a directory, your student should have brought it home by now. They were delivered to 7th period teachers earlier in November. Interested in buying one? There are a few remaining. Contact Christina Black at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. They are $10 each.
- Publicity Chair Needed: The primary role of this position (though it can be molded) is to help promote the mulch and ANGP events by creating fliers, taking pictures, putting together a slide show/video to show parents and students. This is an open-ended role, with room for creativity.
- ANGP: Thank you to Ruben Mercado who has agreed to chair the Class of 2018 All Night Graduation Celebration! He and a committee of volunteers are busy planning the event. More to follow.
- Ice Dogs: Did you know Westfield has an ice hockey team? To see a recent game, with play calling by history teacher Mr. Baranowski, click here.
- Easy ways to Support Westfield:
- Giant Food: Please remember to reregister your Giant bonus card. It has to be registered every year and can be done at: https://giantfood.com/school-rewards Our school code is 03798. The program runs October 6th – March 15th.
- Harris Teeter: Register your VIC card at http://www.harristeeter.com/community/together_in_education/link_to_your_school.aspx Our school code is 8134.
- Office Depot: When checking out at the register, please ask them to credit Westfield HS. The code is 70115228. They’ll give 5% back to the school!
- Amazon: Please click on the link on the right side of the PTSA’s webpage before ordering! www.ptsa.westfieldhs.org
- Shutterfly: Please click here to give 13% of your purchase back to the school!
- mysatadvisor.com: An option for SAT prep is mySATadvisor.com Online, unlimited practice and analytics on College Board tests and other popular test publishers. Improve speed and accuracy, practice missed or bookmarked questions, and more. Use promo code WHSPTSA20 for a 20% discount.
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast?Send a request to email@example.com
Congratulations to the Football team – heading to the state championship game this Saturday at Hampton University against Oscar Smith. Tickets will be sold at WHS Thursday and Friday, $10 each. There are spirit buses being filled on a first come, first served basis. A permission form and $40 payment (cash or check made to WHS) are required to hold a spot. The $40 includes the bus transportation and game ticket. Go Bulldogs!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.