PTSA E-Tidbit News
HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE PTSA!
PTSA E-blast 1-4-15
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
1/10: Practice SAT/ACT Test (See below)
1/10: BITS tutoring
1/15: PTSA Meeting-Mr. Thomas’s “State of the School”
1/19: Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Here are several updates from around the school:
- Practice SAT/ACT Test: The PTSA and Kaplan are sponsoring a practice SAT/ACT Combination test on Saturday, January 10, 2015 from 8 am until noon. Students will have an opportunity to take a practice test to assess their performance before attempting the official exams. Test participants will be provided with a detailed score report highlighting personal strengths and weaknesses. Following the practice test, students and parents are invited to participate in a complimentary, individual, thirty-minute consultation with a Kaplan test expert. To register, please visit: http://bitly.com/SATACTWestfield The registration fee is $20 per student. Please make checks payable to the WHS PTSA and mail to 4700 Stonecroft Blvd, Chantilly, VA 20151 and please include student name in the memo line.
- Seniors and Senior Parents: Tickets for the Class of 2015 All Night Grad Party Celebration (ANGP) are now on sale! This year’s ANGP will take place at Alto Plaza. Tickets are $65 per student until March 31st and the price goes up after that. For more information and to purchase tickets, please click here: WHS PTSA Website You may either purchase the tickets online, print the order form and send it to the main office, or pick up an order form in the main office. Questions? Please contact Ellen Ryder and/or Aimee Lowry at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mulch Sales/Day Update: A big thank you to Julie Glowacki for volunteering to be the Mulch Day Chairperson! We appreciate your willingness to lead this annual event!
- Mulch Day: Mulch Weekend is April 10th and 11th – Please mark your calendars! Many parent and student volunteers (all grade levels) are needed to make this event a success! Details available soon.
- Senior Parents/Seniors: The Fairfax County Council of PTAs (FCCPTA) will award $1,000 scholarships to five graduating FCPS seniors planning to attend an accredited college/university for the 2015/2016 academic year. The FCCPTA will also award the Catherine A. Belter Memorial Scholarship of $1500 to one graduating FCPS student planning to enter the field of education or other child related field at an accredited university/college for the 2015/16 school year. The FCCPTA Scholarships will be awarded to students who have, among other traits, demonstrated responsibility, character and leadership during their high school career. Applicants must be a 2014-2015 student member of their high school PTSA and PTSA must be in good standing (which WHS PTSA is). Applications can be found at Catherine A. Belter Memorial Scholarship Site FCCPTA Student Scholarship The deadline for both scholarships is March 31, 2015.
- The Virginia PTA is offering scholarships as well. Information can be found at: VA PTA Scholarship The deadline is March 1, 2015.
- The Virginia PTA and Virginia529 are sponsoring an essay contest, with the submission deadline being February 1, 2015. The topic of the essay is “I can positively influence my peers by….” Information can be found at: Essay Contest
- If you, or someone you know, speak Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, Korean, Spanish, Urdu, or Vietnamese, and need language support when interacting with the schools, assistance is available. Click here for the phone numbers and more information.
- Directories: Do you wish that you had ordered a directory this year? There are a few remaining copies available for purchase at $10 each. Please email email@example.com if you would like one.
- Congratulations to Julie Frappier! Julie’s photography submission to the 2014-2015 Reflections Contest won FIRST PLACE for Region 5 (the FCPS region to which Westfield belongs). Julie’s piece has moved on to the next level!
- The Families in Crisis Program would like to thank everyone who donated gift cards. Your donations continue to make an impact in the lives of Westfield families facing difficult situations.
- Congratulations to the Boys Varsity Basketball team for winning the Bulldog Bash!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.